Flexedge Limited - Our client, a reputable Facility Management Company is recruiting suitable, qualified and well experienced candidates to fill the position below:
Job Position: HSE Advisor
Job Location: Lagos
Purpose of the Job
- To provide professional advice on the management of safety and fire hazards in facility operations, project activities and office activities in order to ensure that risks to staff, to contractor personnel, visitors and to facilities are minimised.
- To assist in development and implementation of the HSESMS and QASHES Control Procedures in line with OSHAS/best standard practices.
- To develop safety procedures and training programmes and carry out inspections, audits and incident investigations as required by the QASHES Manager.
- To ensure that Management is fully aware of the HSE performance of our clients by monitoring HSE performance by staff and contractors at operating sites and HQ Departmental Divisions.
- To review HSE performance data and prepare quarterly and annual HSE performance reports and presentations for Management Information.
- To review documentation in respect of the design and construction of new projects and modifications in order to ensure compliance with OSHAS and AMF requirements and best International Practices.
- Assists in the formulation, development and maintenance of the company’s Facilities.
- QASHES Management System and HSES Control Procedures.
- Advises on the implementation of International Safety Standards, e.g. OSHA and Industry
- Best Practice Develops and implements procedures for HSE performance reporting to QHSES Department from all the sites, HQ Departmental divisions and Contractors.
- Assists in the development of Corporate KPIs for QHSES
- To ensure the QHSESMS and Control Procedures are effective and comply with OSHAS requirements and International Standards.
- To develop new and improved procedures for improved HSE performance.
- To ensure implementation of International HSE standards.
- To ensure effective reporting of HSE performance to Senior Management.
- To ensure effective measurement of HSES performance.
- Develops, coordinates and conducts safety training programmes for all company’s Facilities with the assistance of consultants where necessary.
- To ensure improved expertise and competence in safety and emergency response matters throughout the company.
- HSE Advisor shall carry out HSE audits of the company on various site or contractor activities, at least twice a year to determine compliance with standards and procedures. Makes recommendations for improvement and follows up to ensure implementation.
- To ensure compliance with all company procedures and standards
- 4.Risk evaluation & Management
- Reviews new project and modification plans and project/engineering safety documentation to ensure that international Safety and Fire Standards are complied with and OSHAS Codes of Practice implemented.
- Provides recommendations accordingly.
Implementation & Monitoring:
- Reviews incident and near miss reports to ensure that all lessons are learned throughout the company.
- Assists in reviewing and updating the Corporate QHSES - MS, in consultation with the QASHES Manager & the Managing Director.
- Coordinates Emergency Management training with QHSES staff, consultants and all departmental divisions.
- Receives HSE performance data from all Sites, quality checks it and maintains a database.
- Compiles Monthly, Quarterly and Annual reports of HSE performance on corporate level.
- Compiles a presentation on HSE performance against KPIs for the Management Quarterly Performance Review meeting.
- Organizes monthly HSE meeting and produces HSE myth
Supervision, Planning & Organizing:
- Assists in planning and organising Emergency Management exercises and subsequent review and update of the Corporate Crisis Emergency Management Plan.
- Shall ensure the implementation of monthly HSE meetings.
- Plans procedures for regular submission of HSE data from the company’s Facilities to the management.
- Prepares reports and presentations on Corporate HSE performance in coordination with other divisions, for quarterly performance review meeting and annual reports.
- Prepares monthly/quarterly HSE myth and plans and organises drill exercise on site.
- Organises and coordinates emergency and crisis management training programmes in coordination with the site managers.
- Shall conduct fire drill and training twice in a year at all sites including head office.
- Shall carry out incident investigation whenever an incident is reported within 24 hour of the incident.
- Shall carry out premobilisation exercise, as project applies.
- Where applicable, shall liaise with external HSE representative to coordinate working document e. g. Permit - To - Work System and develop a job safety/hazard analysis before any HSE critical job is executed.
- HND/B.Sc in Civil/Mechanical/Electrical Engineering with 5years experience in a standard working environment.
- HSE certification Not Beginners Level
- Member of the National Institute of Safety Professionals.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org "HSE Advisor" as subject of your mail.
- QHSE Coordinator Job at a reputable company
- Medical Doctor
- HSE Technician (M/F) Job at SPIE Oil & Gas
- HSE Assistant Job at CGC Nigeria Limited (CGC)
- Health, Environment, Safety and Security Manager Job at CGC Nigeria Limited (CGC)
- HSE Officer Job at Bua Group
- HSE Supervisor Job at Bua Group
- Health Safety Officer Job at a reputable company
- Technical HSSE Engineer Recruitment at Deep Blue Energy Services Limited
- HSE Officer Job at Tomsey Engineering and Services International Limited