HSE Officer Job at AgroMall Discovery and Extension Services Limited
AgroMall Discovery and Extension Services Limited is at the intersection of digitised agricultural production support, digitised agricultural extension and digital financial services. We integrate agricultural economics, agronomy and quality control with financial services on our digital platforms turning them into powerful tools in the hands of our agents and farmers for improved farm production and financial inclusion of the rural economy.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Position: HSE Officer
Job Location: Lagos
Job Status: Full Time
Department: Health and Safety Department
- Responsible for establishing, developing and implementing AgroMall’s health and safety programs as well as managing all Health and Safety issues in the company.
- HSE officers must be a detail-oriented professional with strong critical thinking skills who assess risks and create reports to protect AgroMall and its staff against health, safety, and environmental dangers. An enthusiastic and self motivating individual who will be responsible for proactively protecting the health, safety and environment of our employees, partners and communities where we operate.
Technical and Operational Responsibilities:
- Ensuring compliance with personal and system HSE regulations or applicable consensus standards at all levels.
- Effectively managing a culture of Learning via lean and flexible HSE systems and processes.
- Monitor incidents of injury, illness, and other situations within an assigned geographic area in AgroMall.
- Write reports detailing health and safety within AgroMall’s research and project area/location.
- Design strategies to reduce incidents of illness, environmental accidents, and other issues that may affect public and staff safety.
- Go to the field to investigate environmental accidents and other public safety concerns within the location/area. She/he may also assign team members to investigate reported incidents.
- Give presentations about current safety hazards based on market research to educate others about avoiding health, safety, and environmental hazards.
- Assess AgroMall’s risks associated with tools and equipment, jobsites, and work environments.
- Demonstrates initiative and role model behavior. Is proactive and works toward supporting an achievement oriented culture and performance excellence
- Displays appropriate behavior and contributes to creating a positive team spirit
- Remains alert to emerging issues and global trends that might benefit t or otherwise impact individual and team’s work;
- Creates regular opportunities for peers, colleagues, partners and stakeholders to contribute toward
- Speaks and writes clearly and concisely by effectively identifying key points relevant to the subject matter;
- Actively listens, shares information, and proposes suggestions and solutions;
- Consults with supervisor/manager to gather his/her views in support of the message to be communicated;
- Expresses his/her views and concerns in an impartial and constructive manner with the intent to resolve issues;
- Understands personal and team roles, responsibilities and objectives
- Proactively seeks clarification when needed
- Proactively seeks instruction, feedback and coaching to improve performance
- Demonstrates behaviors such as teamwork, knowledge sharing, maintaining relationships
- Recognizes potential road blocks to completing tasks and seeks guidance from Supervisors to address issues.
Education, Technical Skills, Competences and Working Relationship
Education and Experience:
- Minimum of 3 years experience as an HSE professional
- Bachelor's Degree or HND in any related course
- Relevant HSE certification; NEBOSH, HSE 1, 2, 3 certifications
- Technical skills and competence
- Team player and self-starter
- Ability to influence, inspire and motivate people who are not directly under your responsibility
- Strong analytical skills and strategic thinking abilities
- Organizational behavior and excellent Communication skills
- Microsoft Office applications- Intermediate level.
- Must be proactive and good Knowledge of data analysis and risk assessment
- Strong attention to detail and ability to multi task.
- This position HSE Officer Reports to the HSE manager
- Work Environment
- Safety Officer
- Senior Human Resources Officer at the International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies
- Health Services / Quality Assurance Officer
- Hospital Medical Representative Job at Dkt International
- Equity Products Manager Job at Nigerian Stock Exchange
- Territory Sales Manager Job at Berrytech International
- Customer Service Representative
- HSE Officer Job at Tekniteed Nigeria Limited
- Finance Manager Job at OutsideIn HR Limited
- Process Engineer Job at OutsideIn HR Limited