Human Resources Manager Job at Cultivating New Frontiers in Agriculture (CNFA)
Cultivating New Frontiers in Agriculture (CNFA) is an international non-profit organization headquartered in Washington, D.C. and Brussels, Belgium with offices in 16 countries throughout Africa, Asia and Eastern Europe.
We work with businesses, foundations, governments and communities to build customized local and global partnerships that meet the world’s growing demand for food. Since our inception in 1985, we have designed and implemented enterprise-based, agricultural development initiatives to facilitate market access, enhance agribusiness competitiveness, increase productivity and improve access to inputs and credit across 45 countries worldwide.
We are recruiting to fill the vacant position below:
Job Position: Human Resources Manager
Job Location: Nigeria
- The Human Resources Manager is responsible for project administration and human resource management. This includes ensuring that both technical and operational needs are met as well as ensuring that all operations are executed in accordance with USAID regulations.
- The Human Resources Manager is responsible for overseeing and maintaining the integrity of the administration and human resources including accurate documentation across both departments.
- The five-year USAID Feed the Future Nigeria Agribusiness Investment Activity, implemented by CNFA as part of the United States Government’s Feed the Future Initiative, strengthens the business enabling environment to promote private sector investment in agriculture.
- To achieve this goal, the activity focuses on three interrelated components: improving the ease of doing business in the agricultural sector; broadening access to finance by mitigating the credit risks of agribusinesses; and promoting investment opportunities for agribusinesses to expand and scale up operations. In line with the U.S. and Nigerian Government’s commitment to growing the non-oil based economy, these efforts will increase the quality, quantity, market access, and diversification of Nigeria’s agribusiness sector.
- Beginning in December 2018 and closing in 2023, this $15.6 million project aims to integrate thousands of small and medium enterprises (SMEs) and producer organizations as high-performing commercial actors in the value chains for rice, maize, soy, aquaculture, and cowpeas. As a result of streamlined regulations, more effective policies, improved production and processing practices, and significantly increased finance and investment flows, the project will increase the competitiveness and returns of both large and small sale agricultural enterprises. Employing a value chain approach, the Agribusiness Investment Activity aims to facilitate $100 million in new lending and $100 million in new investment across the 5 crops in the following 7 designated States: Kaduna, Niger, Kebbi, Benue, Delta, Ebonyi, and Cross River.
- The USAID/Nigeria Agribusiness Investment Activity is a 5-year year, $15 million-dollar project implemented by CNFA as part of the United States Government’s Feed the Future Initiative.
- The project’s goal is to strengthen the business enabling environment to promote private sector investment in agriculture. Activities will encompass three broad but interrelated components.
- First, the Agribusiness Investment Activity will improve the ease of doing business in the agricultural sector; second, the Activity will expand access to finance by mitigating the credit risks of agribusinesses; and third, the Activity will promote investment opportunities for agribusinesses to strengthen their readiness to expand and scale up their operations.
- Taken together, these efforts will increase the volume, added value, and diversification of agribusiness investments.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Oversee all human resources operations on the project, including recruitment, hiring, employee onboarding, staff orientation, performance reviews, and disciplinary action in compliance with USAID rules and regulations and local labor laws.
- Facilitate and oversee recruitment and hiring processes from solicitation to post hire orientation in compliance with CNFA policies
- Responsible for any interfacing with the Department of Labor or any other relevant Government of Nigeria authorities on labor or other human resource issues.
- Management and training of supervisors charged with conducting performance evaluations of staff members in their units and monitoring to ensure compliance with the process.
- Mitigate and resolve human resources conflicts and issues, seeking assistance and guidance from the Director of Operations or other senior staff members as needed.
- Oversee personnel files management in hard copy and electronic for all long-term and short-term project staff.
- Ensure that contracts drawn up are in line with Nigerian Labor Law and Basic Conditions of Employment Acts.
- Manage the leave of all staff, including vacation, holidays, sick, bereavement, etc.
- Manage the contracting process for short term consultants
- Responsible for developing and implementing a Project level HR manual.
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Human Resource Management, or a related field.
- 6+ years of relevant experience and progressive responsibility in human resource management at the mid to upper levels of an organization.
- Experience leading and managing the human resource/personnel aspects of USAID funded projects, including a demonstrated understanding of applicable personnel-related USG & Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR) regulations. Experience with USAID-funded programs is an advantage.
- Demonstrated experience in developing and managing short- and long-term contracts.
- Demonstrated experience in personnel negotiations and performance reviews.
- Demonstrated experience in conducting wage and other HR-related market surveys.
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks and work in a highly dynamic environment.
- Customer-service oriented.
- Proficiency using Microsoft office suite, and other relevant software.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English are required, knowledge of local languages is an advantage.
- Human Resource/ Admin Executive Recruitment at Ralds & Agate
- HR Business Partner Job at Hilton Worldwide
- Human Resources Officer Job at Idmibok International (360 HSDC)
- Human Resource Manager Job at Mctimothy Associates Consulting Limited
- HR / Admin Manager Recruitment at a reputable conglomerate
- HR Consultant
- Admin / HR Officer Recruitment at Rinaebo Integrated Services Limited
- HR Officer Job at Vivo Mobile Nigeria
- HR / Administrative Manager Recruitment at Noktell Hotel & Resort
- HR Officer Job at Vivo Mobile Nigeria