ICT Senior Officer Job at Mercy Corps
Mercy Corps is a leading global organization powered by the belief that a better world is possible. In disaster, in hardship, in more than 40 countries around the world, we partner to put bold solutions into action - helping people triumph over adversity and build stronger communities from within. Now, and for the future.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: ICT Senior Officer
Reference Number: ABV/OPS/2020/0027
Location: Abuja, Nigeria
Position Status: Full-time and Regular
Program / Department Summary
- The Operations Department is committed to implementing and maintaining the highest standards of efficiency and integrity in the purchase of goods and services. The overriding objective for all Mercy Corps procurement activity is the prompt and effective provision of materials and services to Mercy Corps? beneficiary populations in compliance with donor specifications.
General Position Summary
- This position is a very critical position and will be responsible for proactively anticipating and supporting the IT needs of all office, project and field offices in Mercy Corps Nigeria and implement strategic action plans to respond to such needs.
- This person will also be the primary focal person for the management of ICT systems, assets and total work tools management in Abuja.
Essential Job Responsibilities
- The Senior ICT Officer will conduct himself/herself both professionally and personally in such a manner as to bring credit to Mercy Corps and to not jeopardize its humanitarian mission.
- Coordinates and manages the country ICT unit by determining, developing and implementing the location specific IT goals.
- Support the IT admin in ensuring that we have a smooth operation of the LAN /computer network system.
- S / he will assist with computer maintenance, install equipment, perform preventive maintenance and the troubleshooting of a variety of hardware and software installations.
- S / he will provide support for knowledge management, decision-making, and programming effectiveness by ensuring efficient operation and use of information sharing, communication, and collaboration technologies, and will provide technical support to staff and partners on overall ICT systems.
- Responsible for deployment, maintenance, security, data protection, and troubleshooting of technology and systems for country office(s).
- S / he will stay abreast of ICT developments in the international and local market while providing recommendations based on opportunities to improve the efficiency and impact of programming, operations, and overall performance.
- Implement, configure and maintain systems to meet program service and operational excellence requirements.
- Maintain quality system configuration, administration, security, and maintenance for program ICT systems, including networks, servers, and telecommunications.
- Ensure that system and data availability meets business recovery requirements.
- Support staff in executing good stewardship and efficient use of agency ICT resources.
- Collaborate with relevant staff to maintain ICT inventory and ensure adequate supply and functionality.
- Provide timely response to second level escalations as per agency Service Desk procedures
- Support the onboarding of staff process.
- Conduct user training, as appropriate.
- Configure desktops, laptops and other peripheral devices to provide user access to agency business systems information.
- Partner with program staff on integrating ICT solutions in program implementation.
- Deploy and provide ongoing technical support in ICT solutions integrated within programming interventions.
- Provide consistency in service delivery against established policies, procedures, and service standards.
- Support the procurement of ICT equipment and software purchases in line with MCN standards and in compliance with donor requirements.
- Implement and follow-up on ICT Country Office Assessments.
- Maintain personal and professional development to meet the changing demands of the job.
- Develop and implement training programs to improve staff and partners capacity in the area of ICT.
- Participate in regional / agency ICT initiatives.
- Provide capacity building (training, coaching, on-the-job support) to staff and partners in ICT-related areas.
- Prepare and provide weekly ICT service reports for the country program, regional, and global ICT leadership. The reports should include data regarding service performance, key risks, current project status, and planned initiatives.
- Daily Reports being provided to direct Supervisor
- Daily task tracking with direct and indirect reports
- Directly supervises all ICT Assistant / Intern in Abuja and provides technical supervisory support to ICT team members in all other locations in MCN
- Reports Directly to: Operations Director
- Reports Indirectly to: Regional IT Advisor?
- Works Directly with: Mercy Corps IT administrators, operation staff, finance, program team and partner organizations, other Mercy Corps staff.
Accountability to Beneficiaries:
- Mercy Corps team members are expected to support all efforts toward accountability, specifically to our beneficiaries and to international standards guiding international relief and development work, while actively engaging beneficiary communities as equal partners in the design, monitoring and evaluation of our field projects.
- Mercy Corps has zero tolerance of every form of abuse and expects team members, operations and programs to do no harm to the people and communities with which we work or put anyone, especially vulnerable populations at risk of abuse or exploitation
Required Knowledge and Experience
- Relevant University Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering,
- Relevant certifications in hardware and software management and application considered a bonus
- Minimum 5 years of relevant work experience along with?experience in managing teams
- Good understanding or interest in the provision of IT support services that take into relevance the management of cross-cultural issues within a high-security environment
- Ability to communicate fluently in English preferred and any?Nigerian languages
- Demonstrated attention to detail, ability to follow procedures, meet deadlines and work independently and cooperatively with team members.
- Excellent negotiation, representation skills and the ability to work comfortably with an ethnically diverse staff.
- The successful candidate will be proactive, creative and a problem solver.
- S/he will be conscientious with an excellent sense of judgment.
- S/he will be able to thrive in a fast-paced environment and will be capable of multitasking.
- S/he will demonstrate a strong understanding of the cultural and social environment in the region and have the willingness and ability to work effectively with a wide verity of people.
Living and Environmental Conditions:
- This position will be based in Abuja with an estimated 40% travel, primarily to field offices, program locations anywhere within Nigeria.
Method of Application
All qualified candidates should submit their CV and Cover Letter in one document, addressing the position requirements to: email@example.com
- All applications must include the position title and Reference Number in the subject line
- Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview
- We are an equal opportunity organization so women are strongly encouraged to apply for this position.
- ICT Administrator Job at Vineyard Educational Consult
- Information Technology Officer Job at Dillon Consultant Nigeria Limited
- IT Data Collection and Database Manager Job at Management Systems International
- Senior IT Officer Job at Discovery Cycle Professionals
- IT Support Job at Elkris Foods Limited
- Technology Team Lead
- Data Science /AI Research Lead Job at Rise Networks
- IT Support Engineer Job at BAT Computer Technologies Limited
- Information Technology Sales Executive
- ICT Officer Job at a reputable company