ICT/Communication Officer Job at Management Sciences for Health
Management Sciences for Health (MSH), a global health nonprofit organization, uses proven approaches developed over 40 years to help leaders, health managers, and communities in developing nations build stronger health systems for greater health impact. We work to save lives by closing the gap between knowledge and action in public health.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Position: ICT/Communication Officer
Job ID: 13-10725
Job Location: Nigeria-Abuja
Group/Office: PDG (Program Delivery Group)
Dept/Unit: PDGGEN - Program Delivery Group
Project/Program: A607 - Nigeria Global Fund RSSH
Reports To: Director M&E
- The Information Communication and Technology/Communications Officer is responsible for recommending appropriate ICT infrastructure/equipment, providing support for installing and maintaining computer hardware, software and networks for DHPRS, FMOH.
- S/he will provide training as appropriate, make recommendations for future planning for ICT and provide guidance to the DHPRS staff members.
- S/he will also liaise with the broader FMOH Communications team and the various programs in FMOH on data use products.
- Manage information technology and computer systems:
- Conducts analysis and provides input into information technology strategic planning.
- Recommend appropriate ICT infrastructure and equipment (i.e. computer hardware, software and networks) and ICT standards and policies for DHPRS staff, including providing support for the installation and maintenance of same
- Support the development and implementation of disaster recovery/business continuity planning for staff members
- Evaluates emerging technologies and identifies hardware, software, and other resources necessary to accomplish unit tasks within budgetary constraints.
- Ensure staff have maximum access to departmental ICT services and resources
- Serves as the ICT point of contact in the department which may involve coordination with vendors and other operational units.
- Maintains work, time and cost records for ICT activities.
- Responsible for creation and maintenance of systems documentation such as Standard operations manuals for ICT related activities of the department
- Ensure technology is accessible and equipped with current hardware and software, doing the following:
- When necessary, troubleshoot hardware, software and network operating system
- Train staff about potential uses of existing technology
- Maintain current and accurate inventory of technology hardware, resources and software license management
- Monitor and maintain technology to ensure maximum access, by doing the following:
- Maintain log and/or list of required repairs and maintenance
- Ensure network access to all staff
- Monitor security of all technology
- Install and maintain Foolproof passwords
- Advise staff of security breach and/or change in password or security status
- Identify and prepare hardware for disposal when appropriate
- Help to develop overall strategic direction for communication activities (i.e. defining strategies, goals, objectives, activities, etc) and lead the implementation and monitoring of same
- Support the director of the unit to manage communications on project activities with partners; e. be the point person for communications with all partners as may be appropriate (include provision of feedback on project activities to partners)
- Develop a system to collate updates on status of activities for each staff for use by the director
- Provide technical assistance to staff on documentation and dissemination related matters by providing assistance to identify, document and edit best practices, success stories and other materials to be published in the dissemination package of DHPRS
- Regularly update the contact list of partners
- Coordinate the production and distribution of publications intended for donors and partners (e.g., reports, brochures, "best practices," press releases, newsletter, other data use products, etc)
- Manage the submission of items on DHPRS activities for inclusion in the FMOH website in general or the web page designed for Nigeria.
- Writes status reports, including conclusions and operational recommendations.
- Perform other duties that may be assigned by the supervisor.
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Information Science, Computer Science, Management Information Systems (MIS), IT related sciences or a Masters and 5 years’ experience implementing health information systems, ICT related experience
- Ability to write concise and succinct reports and draft strategic and operational plans
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Advanced database management skills in DHIS2 Systems, analysis, design, implementation, integration of databases and migration of data into DHIS2
- Proficiency working with Windows 2008 Server, Microsoft Office suite 2007 and 2010, Windows XP and Windows 7 required
- Strong knowledge of wireless and wired LAN technologies and protocols, network security and VOIP
- Is able to take initiative and to work in teams
- Ability to interact/work with partners and senior government officials
- Strong English writing skills and ability to communicate clearly and efficiently in email correspondence.
- ICT Senior Officer Job at Mercy Corps
- ICT Manager Job at Catholic Relief Services (CRS)
- IT System Analyst Job at Montaigne Place
- Database Administrator Job at One Acre
- Information Technology (I.T) Admin in an Energy Distribution company
- System Ops Administrator Job at Global Accelerex
- Post-COVID Virtual Workforce Nationwide Recruitment at Smart Partners Consulting
- Van Sales Representative Job at Pavoreal Industries Limited
- Internal Audit Executive Job at Total Health Trust Limited
- Office Assistant Job at Technoton Limited