Intensive Care Nurse Job at Reddington Multi-specialist Hospital
The Reddington Multi-specialist Hospital built on nine floors provides fully comprehensive tertiary hospital solutions in most medical areas. Our journey as a healthcare provider began in March 2006 with the establishment of the Cardiac Centre, in Victoria Island, in association with the renowned Cromwell Hospital in London.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Position: Intensive Care Nurse
Job Location: Lagos
Job Type: Full time
- Monitor exact, detailed reports and records of critical ICU patient.
- Monitor and record symptoms and changes in patients’ conditions and inform to physician.
- Carefully observe and document patient medical information’s and vital signs.
- Document patients’ medical histories and assessment findings.
- Document patients’ treatment plans, interventions, outcomes, or plan revisions.
- Monitor all aspects of patient care, including diet and physical activity.
- Identify patients who are at risk of complications due to nutritional status.
- Direct and supervise less skilled nursing/health care personnel, or supervise a particular unit on one shift to patient’s response and conditions.
- Treating wounds and providing advanced life support.
- Consult and coordinate with health care team members about whole patient care plans.
- Modify patient treatment plans as indicated by patient’s response and conditions.
- Monitor the critical patients for changes in status and indications of conditions such as sepsis or shock and institute appropriate interventions.
- Administering intravenous fluids and medications as per doctor order.
- Monitor patients’ fluid intake and output to detect emerging problems such as fluid and electrolyte imbalances.
- Assist physicians with procedures such as bronchoscopy, endoscopy, endotracheal intubation, and elective cardio version.
- Ensuring that ventilator, monitors and other types of medical equipment function properly.
- Ensure that equipment or devices are properly stored after use.
- Identify malfunctioning equipment or devices.
- Collaborating with fellow members of the critical care team.
- Responding to life-saving situations, using nursing standards and protocols for treatment.
- They also care for pre- and post-operative patients when those patients require ICU care.
- Assess patients’ pain levels and sedation requirements.
- Prioritize nursing care for assigned critically ill patients based on assessment data and identified needs.
- Acting as patient advocate.
- Providing education and support to patient families.
- A Minimum of RN / Post Intensive Care Unit Nursing from any accredited School of Nursing or University.
- Minimum of 2 years cardiothoracic/ICU nursing from a reputable hospital.
- Post intervention nursing care
- Planning and organizing intensive care services
- Basic Life Support certificate is a MUST
- ACLS certificate would be an added advantage
- Patient education and counselling models eg lifestyle changes.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: email@example.com using the Job Position as the subject of the mail.
- Pharmacist Job at KyDAL Office Point (KOP)
- Job Openings at Corona Management Systems
- Medical Doctor in Kelina Hospital Lagos
- Admin Secretary / P.A to the Medical Director
- Pharmacist in Kelina Hospital Lagos
- Pharmacist Job at Kelina Hospital
- Medical Officer Job at Reliance HMO
- Medical Officer Job at the Reddington Multi-specialist Hospital
- Job Openings at Oaklands Multispecialty Dental Care Clinic
- Job Openings at Skipper Eye-Q Speciality Eye Hospital