Internal Control Manager Job at NEXTZON Business Services Limited
Nextzon Business Services Limited - Our client, a payment gateway solution provider with it headquarter in Abuja, Nigeria, with a desire to scale up its services is seeking credible and experienced personnel to fill the roles below in its Risk and Compliance Management unit:
Job Position: Internal Control Manager
Job Location: Abuja
Report to: Head Risk Management& Compliance
- To improve the company’s efficiency and performance by ensuring preventive, detective and corrective measures are put in place to mitigate risk to the company
- Key responsibilities of the unit include identifying and managing internal and external risks, regulatory compliance that pertains to the Fintech Industry, support strategic business decisions that will track financial transactions better, manage performance and control data, compliance, operations and disclosures, etc.
- Partnering with the field, finance, business/operations, IT and corporate process owners to help ensure ongoing compliance.
- Driving cost reduction and efficiency of the company’s compliance activitiesincluding identifying efficiencies enabling the reduction of external audit fees, if applicable.
- Coordinating the expectations of the external auditors.
- Directing, managing, and conducting special and ad hoc information requests. Report results of findings to management.
- Ensuring controls are appropriately aligned and reflected.
- Managing the execution of the company’s strategy decisions
- Acting as the central point of contact for all control objectives and ensuring execution by liaising with the CEO, executive management, and other shared office functions (e.g. finance, operations, technology, legal, and HR).
Internal Assessment & Reviews:
- Reviewing and refinement of key controls around significant financial processes and accounts.
- Driving continuous improvement of the processes and procedures to ensure maximum efficiency and ongoing compliance.
- Reviewing of deficiencies and monitoring of status of recommendation.
- Evaluating data and trends to identify improvement opportunities and associated issues and risks, ensuring that proactive action is taken to address.
- Communicating status to leadership.
- Interacting with internal auditors on test execution and resolution of identified control failures.
- Assisting in the development and implementation of policies and procedures. Ensuring compliance with policies and procedures.
- Reviewing and evaluating work to ensure quality, timelines, and adherence to procedures.
- Organising and scheduling all necessary resources to accomplish activities.
Training and Development:
- Establishing and communicate standardized practices with functions throughout the company.
- Driving cross functional involvement in the company’s programs to ensure integration of IT controls.
- Providing walkthrough training and guidance.
- Overseeing personnel needs of the unit including selecting, coaching and training subordinates.
- Stakeholders (internal and external)
- Government (all tiers of government)
- Regulatory agencies
Qualification and Experience (at a minimum)
- 1st and 2nd Degree in Commerce, Accounting/Finance or related disciplines
- Working knowledge of regulatory reporting.
- Professional accounting or finance certification is compulsory
- Basic knowledge of financial products (e. g. deposits, securities, derivatives, money market products, etc.).
- 8 years’ experience in similar role.
- Internal controls experience, and proven project management capabilities.
- Reliability, honesty, integrity and trust.
- Well-developed literacy skills and ability to interpret and communicate complex technical information clearly and concisely, orally and in writing;
- Problem solving, analytical and computer skills;
- Team player;
- Professional behaviour with good attention to detail and willingness to learn;
- Excellent communication skills;
- Ability to work under pressure and manage deadlines.
- Initiative to find solutions and improve ways of working
- Able to work unsupervised and outside defined scope of the role
- Commercially minded
- Accurate, thorough and reliable
- Self-motivated, highly organised and methodical with attention to detail.
- Great interpersonal skills
- Enthusiastic and ambitious.
- Age range: 30 years and above
- Gender: Not specific. Qualified women are encouraged to apply
- Nationality: Must be a Nigerian
- Finance and Operations Security Officer Job at A multi-service company
- Accountant Job at Aquarian Oil & Gas
- Cooperate Sales Manager Job at Management FIRST
- Project Accountant Job at The International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA)
- Account Officer Job at Hasky Consulting Limited
- Accountant Job at A fast growing company
- Accounts Officer Job at A leading private Security company
- Accounts Clerk Job at The Nasarawa State Community and Social Development Agency (NCSDA)
- Team Manager Job at AXA Mansard
- Accounts Supervisor Job at Carlcare Development Nigeria Limited