Job Openings at Oando Plc
Oando Plc is one of Africa’s largest integrated energy solutions provider with a proud heritage. It has a primary listing on the Nigeria Stock Exchange and a secondary listing on the Johannesburg Stock Exchange. With shared values of Teamwork, Respect, Integrity, Passion and Professionalism (TRIPP).
We are recruiting to fill the following positions below:
1.) Government Relations Officer
Job Location: Lagos
Job type: Full-time
Unit/Department: Government and External Relations
- This role is primarily responsible for providing support towards developing & maintaining strong and sustainable relationships with JV partners, Federal Government regulators, and pertinent Ministries, Agencies, and Parastatals within the Energy sector.
- The role will also be responsible for information gathering, conducting research, and monitoring federal, state, and local legislative and regulatory activities affecting the oil, gas & power industry in general and OER’s operations specifically.
- The overriding objective is to provide support to the team to foster and optimize good business relationship with key government, regulatory and community stakeholders.
- This position reports to the Government Relations Manager
Scope of Responsibility & Accountability:
- This role will provide the required support to the members and management of the Government and External Relations Team
- High level of integrity is required due to the nature of the role.
- The Job holder requires the flexibility to shuttle between operational locations
- The resource be able to work with minimal supervision and must be resourceful.
Major Responsibility Area
- Monitor organizational changes within the MDAs and NASS and constantly update the man marking guide in line with changes made.
- Provide administrative support to the External Relations team including management of the Team’s document library.
- Develop presentations and position papers based on the framework provided by the Government Relations Manager.
- Provide support for engagement planning and scheduling for OER management to meet with their counterparts in agencies that carry out executive, legislative & regulatory functions
- Support the Government Relations Manager in managing engagements/relationships with JV partner organizations and relevant regulatory stakeholders through key influencers (from entry to mid management level) to understand expectations, concerns, needs and positions on public and regulatory issues.
- Conduct research and monitor state and federal legislative and regulatory issues that may potentially impact business operation, and report on potential regulatory and legislative issues to ensure organizational awareness.
- Develop and maintain a thorough understanding of the oil and gas industry, trends, and the internal business environment.
- Monitor all communications with 3rd parties, JV Partners, Communities, Government ministries, Parastatals and agencies and maintain a database of all correspondence.
Key Performance Indicators
- Up to date stakeholder management (database, engagement schedule and communication)
- Zero non-technical (Government and Community) downtime
- A Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Economics, Finance, Business, Political/Social Science or Law
- A minimum of 3 years of cumulative work experience
- Possess a basic network at all levels of government.
- Lobbying and public relations experience
- Knowledge of Oil & Gas regulations, and government processes at the federal, state, and local levels
- Ability to read, understand, and interpret a variety of detailed legislation and regulatory documents.
- Other qualifications/experience would include good knowledge of the Oil & Gas (upstream) industry
- Politically Savvy
- Intelligence Gathering
- Relationship Establishment (Networking) – Key stakeholder identification
- Relationship Building & Management
- Strategic Thinking
- Judgment & Decision Making
- Knowledge of government and legislative processes, procedures, and rules
- Adaptability – Government & Host Community Engagement
- Written/Oral Communication and presentation skills
2.) EHS Officer
Job Location: Lagos
Employment type: Full time
Unit/Department: Operations Integrity
Reports to: Head, EHS
Responsible for: N/A
Overall Purpose of Job
- Reports to the Head, EHS and contributes to the objectives of the department in achieving the company goal of an incident free environment and proactively driving a positive EHS culture as well as operational excellence.
- This is achieved by ensuring that employees in OER follow safe work procedures and comply with other EHS standards and regulations in day-to-day operations of OER.
- Risk/ hazard inspection of the Head Office and OER locations & worksites as applicable.
- End to end management of health and safety events and projects.
- Development and execution of health initiatives to improve employee periodic medical results in liaison with the Health Consultant.
- Management of EHSS monthly meeting, including setting agenda and topics for the guest speakers and general EHS tips.
- Review all accident/ incident incidents as may be directed and compile reports.
- Identify all unsafe practices and conditions at the Head Office & work locations and correct them where applicable.
- Participate in EHS – MS audits/facility inspections (including OER field operations and project activities)
- Participate (& support) in EHSQ improvement initiatives
- Collate, generate & analyze EHS activities such as incident reports and Hazard Identification Reports
- Develop and conduct analysis on oil spill & gas flaring to predict current and future implication on the business.
- Collate and document all NC’s arising from audits, facility inspections, management review, EHS meetings, drills, third party complaints etc in the action tracking system (ATS) data base. Monitors close out date and prompt action owners as may be applicable and directed.
- Maintain the department documentation/records and ensure effective document/record control is in place.
- Ensure that all staff comply with the company’s EHSQ policy, guidelines and standards.
- Supervise all maintenance work (including performance of EHS activities such as approval PTW) carried out within the Head Office, etc. as applicable to ensure it is in line with safety policies.
- Work with Advocacy groups to enhance the company’s position regarding new and revised Environment Health and Safety policies.
- Perform other functions within the scope of the role as may be assigned by the immediate or indirect supervisor
Key Performance Indicators:
- Organization wide EHS Culture and procedure compliance.
- Delivering EHS projects on time in full
- Availability of Top notch EHS reports & analysis
- Improved/increased incident free work environment that exist in all OER’s installations.
- Operational excellence within the workplace
- A good University Degree in Engineering, Environmental/ Sciences.
- EHS Management System implementation and operation experience
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office application.
- Good inter-personal and verbal communication skills
- Good knowledge of project EHS requirements
- EHS leadership experience and skills
- Experienced in Risk Assessment
- Analytical skill
- A detailed understanding of the hazards associated with OER’s operations.
- Knowledge in Accident Investigation and Root Cause Analysis
- Oil & Gas Industry Dynamics
- Knowledge of Environmental Management systems i.e. ISO 14001 and OHSAS 18001 is an asset
- 1 - 4 years of safety and environmental experience related to the applicable industry
- Team Player
- Customer focus
- PC utilization (Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
- Job Vacancies at Malaria Consortium
- Job Openings at Polaris Bank Limited
- Supply Planning Manager Job at Reckitt Benckiser
- Portfolio Manager Job at First Excelsia Professional Services Limited
- Consultant (Finance and Compliance for Nigeria) Job at IntraHealth International
- Job Openings at WTS Energy
- Relationship Management Officer Job at Erudite Consulting
- Business Relationship Officer / Contact Advisor Job at Leadway Assurance Company Limited
- Head of Department (Engineering) Job at NIGACHEM Nigeria Limited
- Job Openings at Dominion Consulting Nigeria