Livelihoods and Food Security Officer Recruitment at Norwegian Refugee Council
The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is a non-governmental, humanitarian organization with 60 years of experience in helping to create a safer and more dignified life for refugees and internally displaced people. NRC advocates for the rights of displaced populations and offers assistance within the shelter, emergency food security, and water, sanitation and hygiene sectors.
The Norwegian Refugee Council has approximately 5000 committed and competent employees involved in projects across four continents. In addition, NRC runs one of the world’s largest standby rosters, NORCAP, with 650 professionals, ready to be deployed on 72 hours’ notice when a crisis occurs.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Position: Livelihoods and Food Security Officer
Ref. nr.: 4054801396
Job Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Job Type: Full time
Travel: Some travelling must be expected
Job Description/Program Summary
- NRC is looking for a Livelihood and Security Officer for our field offices in Maiduguri, Brono State in Northern Nigeria. The purpose of the Livelihood and Food Security Officer is to ensure the Implementation of Livelihood and Food Security programme activities in Brono State
- NRC initiated country operations in Nigeria in June 2015, in order to respond to the critical and increasing needs in the country. NRC currently has a full team based in Maiduguri and a coordination office in Abuja. NRC is currently providing services across various sectors namely; Shelter and Non-Food Items (NFI); Water, Sanitation and Hygiene Promotion (WASH); and Information, Counselling and Legal Assistance (ICLA, Education Livelihood and Food Security;in order to address identified humanitarian needs.
- The Livelihood and Food Security Officer reports to the Livelihood and Food Security Coordinator
- Coordinate the food security activities according to strategy, proposals, budgets and plans
- Ensure adherence to NRC policies and donor requirements
- Involve and inform communities and community leaders about the activities
- Break down the annual operational plans into weekly, monthly and quarterly implementation plans
- Coordinate with relevant partners working in the same implementation areas
- Ensure that procurement, development and distribution of materials and equipment are timely and according to procedures
- Supervise, train and develop team of food assistants
- Prepare periodic progress reports and other documents as required
- Investigate and facilitate introduction of new technology, methods and approaches in order to improve the quality of the activities.
- College / University, Bachelor's degree Agriculture, Agriculture Economics or any relevant Field
- Work experience from the Northeast of Nigeria
- Proven experience in Cash/ voucher transfers, Income Generation Activities and Backyard Vegetable Gardening
- Experience from working in livelihoods and food security humanitarian/recovery context
- Previous experience from working in complex and volatile contexts
- Agricultural / Forestry / Aquaculture
- Education title: Bachelors' degree in Agricultural.
- Handling insecure environments
- Empowering and building trust
- Managing performance and development
- Planning and delivering results
- Ability to work under pressure, independently and with limited supervision
- Communicating with impact and respect: All employees of the Norwegian Refugee Council should be able to adhere to our Code of Conduct and the four organizational values: Dedicated, innovative, inclusive and accountable.
- Commencement: May 2019
- Duration: Eight (8) months
- Salary/benefits: According to NRC’s general directions ( Grade Level 5 Step 1)
- Duty stations: Maiduguri with 5% frequent travels. Travel outside duty stations is dependent on changing security conditions, especially for certain roads in the area.
- Approved health certificate will be requested before contract start.
Click here for more information
Application procedures and CV registration:
- Please note that you are required to enter the geographical location for all your previous positions while registering your CV. There is no specific field for this information in our CV form, but you can use the "Company name" field for both company and location.
Note: Nigerian National
- ECOWAS Ongoing Recruitment, july 2019
- Catholic Relief Services Massive Recruitment, July 2019
- Sales & Visa Counselling (SVC)
- Community Mobilizer Job at Plan International
- Community Mobilizer Job at Plan International
- Regional Business Manager Job at Greenlight Planet
- Community Mobilization Officer Job at Save the Children
- Latest Recruitment at the British High Commission, April 2019
- Community Mobilization Officer Job at Achieving Health Nigeria Initiative (AHNi)
- Assistant Technical Officer, Safe Healing & Learning at FHI 360