Massive Recruitment in Nasarawa State Community and Social Development Agency (NSCSDA)
The Government of Federal Republic of Nigeria has received a credit from the International Development Association (IDA) towards the Community and Social Development Project (CSDP), The Project Development objective is to increase access of the poor to social and natural resource infrastructure service in a sustainable manner. This will be achieved through the provision of great support to beneficiary communities based on their identified, prioritized micro projects in the community Development Plans (CDP) which are to be implemented, maintained and utilized using Community Drlven Development (COD) approach.
In order to drive the process, existing vacant positions in the Agency are to be filled. In this regard, the Nasarawa State Community and Social Development Agency (NSCSDA), invites applications from suitably qualified candidates from Public and Private sectors for recruitment into the position below:
Job Title: Finance and Administration Manager
The Finance and Administration Manager shall be charged with the responsibility for:
- Ensuring efficient running of the office and the maintenance of all office facilities
- Processing and paying all bills, salaries (etc) pertaining to the smooth running of the State Agency;
- Maintaining schedules of personnel, welfare and other personnel functions;
- Ensuring the proper recording of financial transactions of the Agency;
- Generating adequate, reliable and timely financial reports for the General Manager (GM) and other Stakeholders;
- Preparing annual budgets and work plans for the State Agency;
- Processing and managing all fund disbursements as well as ensuring proper documentation to facilitate the release of funds from funding agencies to Communities;
- Liaising with banks, tax authorities, and other regulatory agencies on behalf of the State Agency;
- Preparing monthly and quarterly reports on financial progress of micro-projects and Community Development Projects (CDPs);
- Preparing quarterly Financial Management Reports (FMR5)
- Assisting the GM in the day-to-day running of the State Agency;
- Reviewing financial transactions of communities in line with General Guidelines issued by the State Agency, Federal Project Support Unit (FPSU) apd Funding Agencies, and making reports to the GM;
- Offering training and capacity building in the areas of financial management, record keeping, and other related matters to the Community; and
- Perform any other duties assigned by the General Manager
Minimum Qualifications and Experience
- A university degree or Higher National Diploma in Accounting or Banking and Finance with at least twelve years post qualification experience and membership of professional association such as ICAN, ANAN, ACA, ACCA and knowledge of Computer based Accounting packages.
- Experience in donor-funded rural development project will be an added advantage.
Job Title: Assistant Project Accountant
- Assisting In preparing budget and work plan for the SA;
- Assisting to maintain the SA assets database
- Assisting to prepare monthly/quarterly reports in accordance with accounting reporting requirements
- Managing and controlling inventory and stores of the Agency.
- Perform any other duties assigned by the finance and administration manager
Qualification and Experience
- A University degree /HND in Accounting, Banking and Finance and/or their equivalents with at least five (5) years post-qualification experience.
- Membership of Professional Association such as ICAN, ACA, ACCA, ANAN and knowledge of computer based accounting packages and experience in donor-funded or rural development project audit will be an added advantage.
Job Title: Project Officer - Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E)
- Responsible for data collection, collation and analysis for field level activities.
- Provide implementation assistance to M&E Manager
- Compilation of monthly, quarterly and annual reports.
- Monitor progress towards attainment of targets and to adapt targets to realities,
- Provide an improved foundation for planning effective resource use,
- Identify unacceptably high cost interventions and operations,
- Provide record of events,
- Provide information base for future evaluations, maintain quality standards.
- Any other duty that may be assigned by the M&E Manager.
Qualification and Experience
- At least a first degree in Social Sciences, Statistics, Natural Sciences, Rural development and related fields, with at least 5 years post qualification experience part of which must relate to monitoring and evaluation of community based initiatives.
- Computer literacy is compulsory and experience in Community Driven development (CDD) an added advantage.
Job Title: Operations Officer
- Sensitise and mobilize communities on CSDP project objectives and activities as well as issues related to HIV/AIDS,
- Facilitate communities to undertake needs assessment and prioritization that are socially inclusive and environmentally sustainable;
- Facilitate communities in the formulation of CDP in line with (b) above;
- Build capacity of the CPMCs and LGRC Desk Officers, as appropriate, through providing training in requisite areas e.g. Participatory Rural Appraisals (PRAs), record and book-keeping, project management, mainstreaming gender, environment and natural resources issues etc, as identified by the Project officer IEC and Training
- Supervise the implementation of the CDPs to ensure quality assurance;
- Ensure timely replenishment of accounts by the CPMCs;
- Collect, collate and forward to the M&E Department, information/ data on micro-project activities in communities;
- Submission of monthly quarterly and annual departmental reports to M&E Department on schedule, through the Manager; Operations;
- Set monthly and quarterly performance targets based on the work plan;
- Submit regular reports to the Project officer or relevant section for whose activity they are deployed at any point in time.
Qualification and Experience
- A first degree or HND in Engineering, Social Sciences, Biological and Natural Sciences, Business Administration, Accountancy or related field, with at least 1 year post qualification experience in any area.
- Computer literacy and willingness to learn and work extra hours and on week-ends is a must Applicants are not expected to be more than 35 years as at the time of recruitment and not above Grade level 9 if recruited from the civil service.
Job Title: Driver/Mechanic
- To drive assigned vehicle of the Agency.
- Report directly to the Administrative Officer
- Maintain and carryout some minor repairs of vehicle while on duty
- Report as soon as possible any problem developed by the vehicle to the SA.
Qualification and Experience
- Valid driver license with SSCE/JSCE/NECO and trade Test III,II & I and must have at least 10 years driving experience.
- Familiarity with difficult terrain of the State will be an added advantage.
Job Title: Watchman/Security Officer
- To guard the premises of the Agency.
- Must have an experience in security guard must be between the Ages of 25 - 40 years
Job Title: Gardner
- To maintain and keep the Agency’s lawn green grass and environment clean at all times.
- Must have requisite job experience and must be between the Ages of 25 - 40years.
This position attracts remuneration commensurate with the model of entry and in accordance with agreed terms with the world bank.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit three (3) copies of hand written applications and detailed Curriculum Vitae, alongside photo copies of relevant credentials sealed and delivered to the address below:
The Desk Officer,
Community and Social Development Project (CSDP)
Office of the Hon. Commissioner,
Ministry of Budget and Planning,
Planning House, Sgendam Road,
Note: The agency is an equal opportunity employer and women are encouraged to
- Federal Civil Service Commission Latest Recruitment, July 2019
- Edo State Government Graduate Trainee Recruitment 2019
- Federal Civil Service Commission (FCSC) Massive Recruitment 2019
- Nigerian Maritime Administration and Safety Agency (NIMASA) recruitment 2019
- Nigeria Customs Service (NCS) Massive Recruitment 2019
- List Of Successful Candidates For Nigerian Navy Recruitment Aptitude Test 2019
- Volunteers at Empowerment for Local People Foundation
- Nigerian Navy List of Successful Candidates For DSSC 26 Selection Board 2019
- Nigerian Air Force Airmen / Airwomen Nationwide Recruitment Exercise BMTC 2019
- Nigeria Police Academy recruitment 2019