Medical Sonographer Job at Solid Rock Hospital
Solid Rock Hospital - We are proud to be one of the top Private Hospitals in Lagos Nigeria. Solid Rock Hospital is founded on principled values of Christ, which make us to compassionately channel our energy around our patients, offering them an affordable option towards a healthier future.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Position: Medical Sonographer
Job Location: Ojudu - Berger, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
Provide Services as follows:
- Observe screen during scan to ensure that image produced is satisfactory for diagnostic purposes, making adjustments to equipment as required.
- Observe and care for patients throughout examinations to ensure their safety and comfort
- Provide sonogram and written summary of technical findings to physician for use in medical diagnosis.
- Operate ultrasound equipment to produce and record images of the motion, shape and composition of blood, organs, tissues and bodily masses such as fluid accumulations.
- Select appropriate equipment settings and adjust patient positions to obtain the best sites and angles.
- Determine whether scope of exam should be extended, based on findings.
- Obtain and record accurate patient history, including prior test results and information from physical examinations.
- Prepare patient for examination by explaining procedure, transferring them to ultrasound table, scrubbing skin and applying gel, and positioning them properly.
- Record and store suitable images, using camera unit connected to the ultrasound equipment.
- Coordinate work with physicians and other health-care team members, including providing assistance during invasive procedures.
- Maintain records that include patient information, sonographs and interpretations, files of correspondence, publications and regulations, and quality assurance records (e.g., pathology, biopsy, post-operative reports).
- Perform legal and ethical duties including preparing safety and accident reports, obtaining written consent from patient to perform invasive procedures, and reporting symptoms of abuse and neglect.
- Maintain stock and supplies, preparing supplies for special examinations and ordering supplies when necessary.
- Clean, check and maintain sonographic equipment, submitting maintenance requests or performing minor repairs as necessary.
- Perform clerical duties such as typing of report findings,
- 2 years working experience
- A good Degree or its equivalent in Radiography
- Must be registered with Radiographers Registration Board of Nigeria
- Must have a postgraduate Diploma in Ultrasonography
- Computer literacy
- Good communication Skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Good knowledge in the use of MS Word & Excel.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: email@example.com using the Job Title as the subject of the email.
- Medical Officer Recruitment at Newgate Medical Services Limited
- Intern Pharmacist Recruitment at Alpha Pharmacy
- Ongoing Recruitment at mDoc Healthcare
- Therapist Assistant Recruitment at NOSPROM CONSULT
- Production Pharmacist Recruitment at MOPSON Pharmaceutical Limited
- Ongoing Recruitment at Chelis Education Consult Limited
- Nursing Officer Job at Anadach Consulting Limited
- Optometrist Job at The Eye foundation hospital
- Nurse Recruitment at Officemakers International Limited
- Pharmacist Job at Alpha Pharma