Ministry of Mines and Steel Development Recruitment for Experienced Position
The Ministry of Solid Minerals Development is an agency set up to unlock the economic potentials of the solid minerals sub-sector in Nigeria. The Ministry of Solid Minerals Development (MSMD) was established in 1985 as a bold attempt by the Nigerian Government to spur the rapid and beneficial development of the country's solid mineral resources.
The Ministry of Mines and Steel Development has openings for interested candidates at the National Steel Raw Material Exploration Agency (NSRMEA). The National Steel Raw Material Exploration Agency (NSRMEA) has the mandate to carry out exploration of Steel Raw Materials in all part of Nigeria and elsewhere for the iron and steel industry, and to establish and execute steel raw materials base for the country.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified Nigerian candidates to fill the below position:
Job Position: Director General/Chief Executive Officer
Job Location: Kaduna
Department: National Steel Raw Material Exploration Agency (NSRMEA)
- The successful candidate shall be responsible for the execution of the policies and day to day running of the affairs of the Agency.
- The tenure is for a period of 4 years, but renewable.
Conditions for Eligibility
To apply, a candidate must:
- Possess at least a Masters Degree from a recognized Institution in a discipline related to the mandate of the Agency;
- Have at least 25 years post graduation cognate experience five (5) of which must be at a management level;
- Possess a combination of technical, managerial and leadership abilities, which includes, but not limited to:
- Excellent leadership skill/qualities and strategic vision coupled with organizational and managerial skills;
- Scientific and technical competence with demonstrable knowledge of mineral processing; and
- Demonstrable knowledge of the issues, laws and regulations of the Nigerian Mining Sector.
- Be a member of a professional Association relevant to the activities of the Centre.
Conditions of Service are as provided for Political, Public and Judicial Office Holders (Salaries and Allowances etc (Amendment Bill) Act 2008) and applied to Federal Government Agencies, which may be modified from time to time by competent Federal Authorities.
24th July, 2017
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should submit 15 printed copies of their Applications, current and detailed Curriculum Vitae, accompanied with photocopies of Credentials giving the following information:
1.) Personal Particulars:
- Full Names, Date of Birth, State of Origin, Marital Status, Contact Address, email and Telephone Number (s).
2.) Educational Background:
- Institutions Attended with Dates, Qualifications Obtained with Dates, Membership of Professional Bodies; Prizes, Distinction/Awards obtained.
3.) Work Experience:
- Present Employer, Position and Salary; Previous Position held with Dates;
- List of relevant publications (starting form the most recent) in professional Journals or elsewhere;
- Leisure and spare time activities/hobbies;
- Any other relevant information in support of application.
- Names and addresses of three referees (not relations) who shall be able to testify to the applicant’s academic/professional competence as well as good conduct and character and be ready to send their reports/testimonies directly to the Honourable Minister of Mines and Steel Development within the valid period of submitting applications.
All Applications are to be submitted to:
The Honourable Minister,
Ministry of Mines and Steel Development,
2, Luanda Street off Ademola Adetokunbo Crescent,
Note: Only shortlisted applicants will be invited for interview.
- Massive Recruitment at Federal Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development (FMARD)
- Unit Manager Job at Capital Express Assurance Limited
- 4 Quarters Consultants Limited Recruitment for a General Manager, Commercial Cinema
- Head of School Job at Silverwood School
- NEXTZON Business Services Limited Recruitment for a Senior Associate (Assistant Manager)
- Executive Director, Technical Recruitment at PricewaterhouseCooper (PwC)
- Manager, Commercial Legal Job at MTN Nigeria
- Assistant General Manager Job at Rossland Group
- General Manager Job at Rossland Group
- General Manager, Tech Division Job at RyteGate Technologies