Office Driver Job at Oxfam
Oxfam is an international confederation of 17 organizations (affiliates) committed to creating a just world without poverty. In Nigeria Oxfam works in the areas of Economic Justice/Sustainable Livelihoods, Humanitarian Programming to save lives, Advancing Gender Justice and Good Governance, adopting a right based approach.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Position: Office Driver
Job Location: Bauchi (with possibilities of travels to other states)
Internal Job Grade: F1
Contract type: Fixed Term (One year renewable)
Reporting to: Logistics & Admin Officer
Staff reporting directly to this post: None
Key relationships/interactions: Project Monitoring Unit (PMU)
- To promote agriculture-driven economic growth and improve the living conditions for 10,000 rural farmer households (60% women) with a specific focus on women and youth.
- The driver will work within the Logistics department to support operations structure, committed to providing reliable support to program activities in order to achieve efficiency in program delivery.
- Ensure the project vehicle - or any other car as directed or under the driver’s control- is always in good working order and properly maintained.
- Always abide by standard driving /safety rules and procedure.
- Ensure that periodic maintenance is effected on the project vehicle as and when due and to notify the Logistics Officer / Logistics Assistant at least 36 hours before designated time.
- Transport project staff and equipment efficiently and safely as required.
- Collecting and distribution of vehicle log-sheets, responsible for monthly compilation, and submission of log-sheets
- Schedule vehicle use to meet programmatic and operational needs
- Ensure trip ticket or form are used by program staff and approved by the necessary person
- Maintain the Vehicle Board daily.
- Oversee and ensure proper use of vehicles
- Organise cleaning of vehicles
- Oversee fuel consumption, purchase, and tracking including coordination with petrol stations
- Ensure that accident reports are completed and filed.
- Ensure security measures for vehicles such as parking, storage of keys, emergency suppliers etc.
- In collaboration with the Security Officer, coordinate movement routes for field trips.
- Coordinate communication with staff for every field trip.
- Ensure major repairs are done in a timely manner.
- Collect and submit vehicle related receipts to the Logistics Officer.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Eager and required to adhere to Oxfam’s principles and values as well as the promotion of gender justice and women's rights.
- Understanding of and commitment to adhere to equity, diversity, gender, child safety and staff health and wellbeing principles.
Education & Experience:
- Minimum of Secondary School Certificate qualification.
- Automobile certification Trade test 1 & 2
- 5 years driving experience including long-distance driving to all parts of Nigeria, with special consideration given to knowledge of Bauchi State.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience with an International organization, Embassy or any similar body will be an advantage.
- Possession of a valid driver’s license.
Skills & Abilities:
- A good knowledge and understanding of vehicle mechanics and the ability to carry out minor vehicle maintenance.
- Good working knowledge of road networks in most parts of Northern Nigeria
- Fluent in Speaking English and Hausa
- Ability to demonstrate sensitivity to cultural differences and gender issues, as well as the commitment to equal opportunities.
- Ability to demonstrate an openness and willingness to learn about the application of gender/gender mainstreaming, women’s rights, and diversity for all aspects of development work.
- Commitment to Oxfam’s safeguarding policies to ensure all people who come into contact with Oxfam are as safe as possible.
- Accountability – Our purpose-driven, results-focused approach means we take responsibility for our actions and hold ourselves accountable. We believe that others should also be held accountable for their actions.
- Empowerment – Our approach means that everyone involved with Oxfam, from our staff and supporters to people living in poverty, should feel they can make change happen.
- Inclusiveness – We are open to everyone and embrace diversity. We believe everyone has a contribution to make, regardless of visible and invisible differences.
Key Behavioral Competencies
- Decisiveness: We are comfortable to make transparent decisions and to adapt decision making modes to the context and needs.
- Influencing: We have the ability to engage with diverse stakeholders in a way that leads to increased impact for the organization We spot opportunities to influence effectively and where there are no opportunities, we have the ability to create them in a respectful and impactful manner.
- Humility: We put ‘we’ before ‘me’ and place an emphasis on the power of the collective, nurture the team and play to the strengths of each individual. We are not concerned with hierarchical power, and we engage with, trust and value the knowledge and expertise of others across all levels of the organization.
- Relationship Building: We understand the importance of building relationship, within and outside the organization. We have the ability to engage with traditional and non-traditional stakeholders in ways that lead to increased impact for the organization.
- Listening: We are good listeners who can see where deeper levels of thoughts and tacit assumptions differ. Our messages to others are clear and consider different preferences.
- Mutual Accountability: We can explain our decisions and how we have taken them based on our organizational values. We are ready to be held to account for what we do and how we behave, as we are also holding others to account in a consistent manner.
- Agility, Complexity, and Ambiguity: We scan the environment, anticipate changes, are comfortable with lack of clarity and deal with a large number of elements interacting in diverse and unpredictable ways.
- Systems Thinking: We view problems as parts of an overall system and in their relation to the whole system, rather than reacting to a specific part, outcome or event in isolation. We focus on cyclical rather than linear cause and effect. By consistently practicing systems thinking we are aware of and manage well unintended consequences of organizational decisions and actions.
- Strategic Thinking and Judgment: We use judgment, weighing risk against the imperative to act. We make decisions consistent with organizational strategies and values.
- Vision Setting: We have the ability to identify and lead visionary initiatives that are beneficial for our organization and we set high-level direction through a visioning process that engages the organization and diverse external stakeholders.
- Self-Awareness: We are able to develop a high degree of self-awareness around our own strengths and weaknesses and our impact on others. Our self-awareness enables us to moderate and self-regulate our behaviors to control and channel our impulses for good purposes.
- Enabling: We all work to effectively empower and enable others to deliver the organizations goals through creating conditions of success. We passionately invest in others by developing their careers, not only their skills for the job. We provide freedom; demonstrate belief and trust provide appropriate support.
- Clearing Agent Job at Global Clearing and Logistics Limited
- Store Assistant / Keeper Job at Tekniteed Nigeria Limited
- Dispatch Rider Job at Tekniteed Nigeria Limited
- Entry level Recruitment at Transport Services Limited for Depot Distribution Officer
- Dispatch / Delivery Rider at Sarabel Logistics and Security Services Limited
- Logistic Officer Job at Kaiglo
- Logistics Officer Job at Libmot Logistics Limited
- Marketing Executive Job at Oxford Group Nigeria
- Store Manager Job at Owens and Xley Consults
- Freelance Delivery Agent Job at Elo-Ex Transport Services