Operations Manager Job at Connect Rail Services Limited
Connect Rail Services Limited is a leading Pan-African intermodal logistics services provider with the professional integration of all transport options -road, barge, air and rail; offering fast, flexible and cost-optimised solutions for containerized and non-containerized cargo within Nigeria and sub-Saharan Africa.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Position: Operations Manager
Job Location: Lagos
- The Terminal Operation Manager will be responsible for the leadership and direction for staff and the day to day operations of the Terminal whilst ensuring the safety of all operations employees to deliver world-class berth and crane productivity.
- Establishes and implements current and long-range goals (6-12 months), objectives, and plans of terminal operations efficiency and expansions.
- Ensures compliance with HSSE policies & procedures.
- Enforces safe working practices and ensure LTI?s are kept to a minimum.
- Ensures a cost-efficient operation in excess of current best practices.
- Works closely with the Planning team to deliver the agreed performance to the clients.
- Heads the CPPO (Central Planning and Performance Office), where Safety-, Operations-, Technical-, Procurement- and Facilities departments are all present in order to best possible optimize the day to day operations and other related tasks.
- Heads and executes specific operations projects, targeted at improving safety, optimizing our resources, minimizing our cost.
- Participates as a steering committee member for new projects, initiatives, and contributes to project management strategies.
- Liaises closely with shipping companies, customs agents, trucking companies, customs, port authorities, etc. to ensure that their requirements are met.
- Liaises closely with vendors, suppliers, external consultants, etc. to ensure that divergent deliverables are met as required by the terminal
- Manages employee performance issues including training, appraisals, discipline, and grievances.
- Ensures that the terminal adheres to PTP and APM Terminals world standards.
- Liaise with labor unions (where applicable). Ensure industrial harmony with the workforce.
Who we are looking for:
- Minimum university degree or completed post-graduate studies in Port and/or Terminal Management, or related business studies are desirable.
- Minimum 3 years' experience in operations management roles in (mega) terminals, preferably trans-shipment.
- Solid understanding of the container shipping industry and an ability to relate with the shipping company and other associated industry managers.
- Able to provide leadership, obtain cooperation and assistance to meet objectives within a multi-cultural environment.
- Extensive and hands-on understanding of modern terminal operations including computer terminal management systems.
- Extensive and in-depth understanding of vessel and yard planning.
- Strong communication skills with the ability to communicate across the organization.
- Experience in cost and productivity optimization through process optimization, as well as design and implementation of new operation procedures.
- Effective negotiation and conflict resolution skills.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.
- Federal Ministry of Water Resources Recruitment
- Omnicom Media Group Management Trainee Program 2020
- General Manager Job at Tempkers
- Supervisor Job at De Raph City Travel and Tour
- General Manager Job at Alan & Grant
- Supervisor Job at Chase Gaming Solutions
- General Manager Job at HRLeverage
- General Manager Job at Physioconnect Nigeria Limited
- General Manager - Operations Job at White Soul Motors Limited