Oracle Database Administrator at GV Alliance Partners
Growth in Value Alliance (GV Alliance) Partners - Our client, a leading Bank in Nigeria is recruiting suitably qualified candidates to fill the position below:
Job Position: Oracle Database Administrator
Job Location: Lagos
The role performs effective centralised database administration for multiple databases globally particularly Oracle databases for production, testing, and staging environments across the company. This opportunity will suit an Oracle DBA who enjoys providing technical guidance and who can play a key role in supporting and driving forward our database developments.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Expert knowledge of Oracle Database, Oracle RAC, Oracle ASM.
- Strong DBA skills and relevant working experience with Oracle Database 11g and 12c Pluggable Database (PDB).
- Experience implementing high availability features of Oracle Database.
- Experience with Exadata and Enterprise Manager 11g/12c/13c is a plus.
- Oracle GoldenGate and ODI (Oracle Data Integrator) Skills is a plus.
- Sharp technical troubleshooting skills.
- Performing upgrades of the database and software to new release levels.
- Performing security updates and patching of the database environments.
- Managing the database's storage structures.
- Making database backups and performing recovery when necessary.
- Pro-actively monitoring the database's health and taking preventive or corrective action as required.
- Assists with impact analysis of any changes made to the database objects, recommending and implementing solutions to database problems.
- Securing assistance from vendors and consultants regarding database issues.
- Completing requests from application developers, business users, etc.
- Puts standards in place to ensure that all application design and code is produced with proper integrity, security and performance.
- Evaluating, Planning and Implementing New Database Technologies, Designs, and Solutions.
- Stay current with the latest technologies and make recommendations to enhance the department’s database environment.
Knowledge and Skill Requirements
- Experience in managing crisis.
- A commitment to high professional ethical standards working in a diverse workplace.
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written.
- Knowledge of business and management principles and practices.
- Experience in organizational effectiveness and operations management implementing best practices.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Collaborate with the wider team in matters where their support is required.
- First Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or other related fields.
- A minimum of 6 years post NYSC experience as an Oracle Database Administrator.
Interested and qualified candidates should send their updated CV's in MS Word format and Cover Letters to: email@example.com and reference firstname.lastname@example.org with (Oracle Database Administrator) as the subject of the email.
- System/Network Engineer Job at Netcom Africa
- IT Officer Job at a Group of Companies
- Graduate IT Administrator Job at Redline Logistics Nigeria Limited
- I.T Assistant Job at Raeanna Nigeria Limited
- Raeanna Nigeria Limited Recruitment for an I.T Manager
- Remlords Tours & Car Hire Services Limited Recruitment for an ICT Officer
- Network and Security Engineer
- ICT Instructor
- IT Engineer
- Data Center & System Administrator Job at HealthPlus Limited