Plan International Recruitment for Grants Officer
Plan International is an independent development and humanitarian non-profit organisation that advances children’s rights and equality for girls. We support children’s rights from birth until they reach adulthood, and enable children to prepare for - and respond to - crises and adversity. We believe in the power and potential of every child, but know this is often suppressed by poverty, violence, exclusion and discrimination.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Position: Grants Officer
Job Location: Maiduguri, Borno
- The purpose of this role is to support the Project Grants management.
Dimensions of Role
- The purpose of this role is to support the resource mobilization unit by supporting the coordination of proposal development, donor reporting in consultation with program staff, grants Advisor and others.
- Support the Grants Advisor in coordinating, and monitoring the implementation of the donor funded project and programs
- Manage donor grants transactions effectively and efficiently and ensure quality reporting
- Support in establishing a grants tracking mechanism in order to effectively follow up grant activities and to determine progress and make decisions where further action is needed.
- Ensure grant management procedures are followed and donor compliance requirements are met.
- Ensuring that reports to donors are submitted on time; that reports are coherent and accurate (quarterly, interim or final reports).
- Ensure timely set-up of grants in SAP system and corresponding modifications are effected
- Ensuring that grants are implemented in compliance with Plan International guidelines and relevant donor regulations.
- Maintain and update grant files.
- Document and share key compliance issues with Plan International staff and partners setting ground for compliance management
- Draft Funding Approval Document and ensure all Funding Agreement Document (FADs) files are updated on a regular basis.
- Perform any other duties that may be assigned.
Technical Expertise, Skills and Knowledge
- A degree in Development Studies, Business Studies, or Social Science (Master’s degree or equivalent in international affairs, development or related subject will be an added advantage).
- At least three years of experience working in project and/or grants management and proposal/business development/design.
- Experience in developing and interpreting donor budgets.
- Knowledge of development issues, trends, challenges and opportunities and implications to community.
- Proven ability to develop and write grant proposals and concepts and track record in winning proposals.
- Proven ability to work collaboratively in a multidisciplinary team environment.
- Good communicator with strong organizational, time management and analytical skills.
- Excellent inter-personal, cultural and diplomatic skills.
- Strong writing and editing skills with close attention to detail.
- Ability to juggle competing priorities, meet demanding deadlines and work under pressure in unstable security environments.
- Excellent proven skills in developing, writing grant proposals
- Good research, negotiation and problem-solving skills
- Effective working with and through partners
- Strong planning and organizational skills
- Strong strategic thinking and interpersonal skills
- Excellent communication skills.
- High proficiency in MS office tools (with excellent Microsoft Excel skills).
- Grants Officer Job at Karisa Consults Limited
- MTN Global Graduate Development Programme 2020
- Delta States Bursary and Scholarship Board 2019 / 2020 Students' Special Assistance Scheme (Bursary Award)
- Grants and Compliance Manager Job at Action Against Hunger
- 2020 / 2021 Overseas MSc Scholarship Scheme Under PTDF Strategic Partnerships in UK
- Finance and Grants Manager Job at Pact West Africa (Nigeria)
- Grants and Compliance Manager Job at Plan International
- TOTAL Nigeria Plc International Programme for Junior (VIE) 2019
- Obtain a Cash Giveaway to Start a Small Business This October
- Google AI Residency Graduates Program 2020