Procurement Assistant - EIE
Creative Associates International is a dynamic, fast-growing global development firm that specializes in education, economic growth, democratic development and post-crisis stabilization. Based in Washington, D.C., Creative has a field presence in more than 25 countries with a strong client portfolio that includes the U.S. Agency for International Development and the State Department, among others. Since its founding in 1977, Creative has earned a solid reputation among its clients and is well-regarded by competitors and partners alike.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Position: Procurement Assistant (Local Nationals)
Job Location: Damaturu, Yobe
Reporting & Supervision: The position reports to the Procurement Officer
- The North East Nigeria Transition to Development program (NENTAD) aims to deliver an effective response to the basic needs of vulnerable people impacted by the crisis in the north east of Nigeria.
- The Education in Emergencies component of NENTAD will focus on addressing immediate needs by providing education support to conflict affected children and adolescents, while contributing to the learning on what is needed to support early recovery and transition to development.
- In order to achieve this output, we will support up to two projects that include well-targeted, innovative, and results-oriented activities.
The Procurement Assistant is responsible for assisting with all facets of the day-to-day procurement requirements for a busy international development office.
- Assist with preparing requests for quotations, negotiate, conduct analysis, and recommend vendors for delivery of goods and materials to grantees.
- Assist with invitations to potential vendors to compete offers for the purchase of goods or services including under grants, either through direct, bid invitation, or other mechanism that ensures high standards of transparency.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- In coordination with the Procurement Officer and Procurement Director, ensure that all goods and service procurement actions conform to internationally accepted procurement best practices and Nigerian law
- Assist in regular procurement system audits and regularly review and verify market prices for standard items.
- Assist with maintaining files, including: proposal, evaluation, award documents, official contracts and correspondence of all procurements, following policy and local law.
- Assist with preparation of Terms of Reference and/or technical specifications for materials, goods, and services, for contracts, acquisitions, and procurements, in collaboration with the program team.
Required Skills & Qualifications
- Verbal and written working proficiency in English.
- Ability to work under pressure in challenging working and living conditions.
- Willingness to travel extensively in northeast Nigeria, including to remote and/or insecure locations.
- Bachelor's degree preferred.
- Minimum of 1-3 years of relevant work experience.
- Experience working on USAID or similar internationally-funded programs.
- Knowledge of donor procurement rules and regulations.
- Strong communication skills.
- Massive Graduate Recruitment at Deloitte
- Procurement Officer Job at Amazuma Services Limited
- Procurement Officer Job at TIJMAF INNOVATION SERVICES
- Business Developer (Fresh Graduate / Entry Level) Recruitment at CredCentral Limited
- Graduate Engineer Job at Bezal Engineering Consultants Limited
- Assistant Procurement Officer Job at Rinaebo Integrated Services Limited
- Procurement Manager Job at Dataflex
- Procurement Officer Job at Eko Maintenance Limited
- Procurement and Logistics Officer Recruitment at CGC Nigeria Limited
- Procurement Officer Job at IO Furniture Limited