Procurement Manager Job at Lumos Nigeria
Lumos offers clean and affordable solar power to a market of 1.3 billion potential customers who live off the electricity grid.Lumos enables people to replace hazardous and expensive kerosene generators and lanterns with modern solar electricity that can power lights, cellphones, fans, computers, TVs and other small electronic devices (all at once, every day). By offering Solar Power as a Service, Lumos offers homes and small businesses a simple and affordable way to pay for electricity in small installments using their mobile phones.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Position: Procurement Manager
Job Location: Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
- The procurement manager’s role is a very hands-on role
- The incumbent will direct the operations of procurement and collaborate with internal and external stakeholders to achieve expected buying goals in terms of cost, quality and speed as required by the company.
- He/she is responsible for determining the right procurement route (FRI/RFQ/RFP) for sourcing goods/services.
- The Procurement Manager will be charged with the drafting of the procurement policy, processes, and procedures in line with best practice. He/she can scale with the company’s activities and improve buying experience of the internal customer and output.
- The Procurement Manager is responsible for the performance management of the procurement team and supplier relationship management. The Procurement Manager will ensure to provide oversight to the requesters on the status of their requisitions, provide advice to internal customer on the best procurement rout to achieve a particular purchase and collaborate with Finance to ensure timely payments to the suppliers.
- The employee shall comply with the provisions of health, safety and environment legislation in Nigeria, and shall also comply with Lumos policies and procedures including Safety and wellness policies, and any modifications to any policy that may be introduced from time to time.
- All employees must live Lumos Core Principles and work proactively in a customer-centric way in accordance with adopted procedures and best practice.
- To work co-operatively with colleagues and external stakeholders to promote Lumos overall business objectives.
- To ensure that confidentiality is respected and maintained at all times.To perform any other duty as directed by line management
Educational Qualifications & Functional / Technical Skills
- Minimum of 8 years relevant working experience with increasing levels of responsibility is desired.
- Minimum of first degree in engineering/social science.
- Professional Qualification in CIPS is an added advantage.
Skills and Competencies:
- Strong negotiation skills
- Ability to develop good relationships with vendors, staff, and customers.
- Good understanding of Strategic sourcing
- Ability to exercise sound judgment and work under the highest level of ethical standards per Lumos Code of Conduct and strict adherence to the Anti-Bribery Policy Ability to work with functional groups and different level of employees throughout the organization to effectively and professionally achieve business results.
- Strong follow-up skills: ability to organize applicable department timelines and follow up with internal and external customer needs as required.
- Strong written and oral communication skills, including the ability to present ideas and suggestions clearly and effectively.
- Strong organizational skills: ability to accomplish multiple tasks within the agreed-upon timeframes through effective prioritization of duties and functions in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong track record of building and maintaining solid relationships with both internal and external customers and vendors.Self-motivated, able to work both independently to complete tasks and respond to department requests as well as collaborating with others to utilize resources and knowledge in identifying high-quality solutions.
- Strong IT skills in Excel, MS Word, ERP as well as internet search skills
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.
- Admin / Procurement Officer Job at Abilele Projects Nigeria Limited
- Recent Job Openings at Haulage and Logistics Nigeria
- Expediter Job at Westfield Consulting Limited
- Procurement Officer Job at Fountline Telecommunications
- Purchasing Assistant Job at Eat N Go Limited
- Procurement Manager Job at Coca-Cola Company
- Purchasing Officer Job at Broadway Cafeteria
- Procurement / Quality Controller Recruitment
- Procurement Engineer Job at PG Consulting
- Recent Job Vacancies at Olman Business Solutions (OBS) Limited