The North East Regional Initiative (NERI) Nigeria - An International Development Organization is seeking applications from suitably qualified candidates to fill the position below:
Job Position: Procurement Officer
Job Locations: Abuja, Adamawa, Borno and Yobe
- The Procurement Officer will support the procurement of goods and services required for a busy office under the project task order.
- Ensuring that procurements and logistics operations are carried out strictly in accordance with the organization policies, regulations and local law;
- Maintaining the complete documentation and filing system for all procurement including the proposal, evaluation reports, negotiation memorandums, award documents, relevant correspondence etc.;
- Serving as the point person related to any procurement of goods and services for the program either for direct use under the project task order, or as part of the in-kind grant of Direct Distribution of Goods and Services (DDGS) activity; and
- Coordinating procurement actions with the program’s technical lead in order to ensure timely and satisfactory delivery of goods and services. This position will be based in Abuja, Adamawa, Borno and Yobe. Limited travel may be required.
Reporting & Supervision
- At Abuja, the Procurement Officer reports to the Procurement Manager. For Adamawa, Borno and Yobe, the procurement officer administratively reports to the Program Manager but technically to the Procurement Manager based in Abuja.
Primary responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Ensure that the procurement process strictly follows the Organization rules and regulations.
- Maintain a file system for procurements to allow for efficient documentation and process audits and maintain the privacy of grantees and vendors.
- Maintain files, including: proposal, evaluation, award documents, official contracts and correspondence of all procurements, following policy and local law.
- Assist with preparation of Terms of Reference and/or technical specifications for materials, goods, and services, for contracts, acquisitions, and procurements, in collaboration with the program team. Ensure presentation of sufficient selection that meets requirements of quality assurance, delivery, and transparency.
- Work with vendors of goods and services to ensure quality.
- Assist with invitations to potential vendors to compete offers for the purchase of goods or services including under grants, either through direct, bid invitation, or other mechanism that ensures high standards of transparency.
- Participate in evaluation committees for proposals submitted by the various vendors, according to the solicited terms of reference and regulations.
- Process procurements according to rules and regulations.
- Maintain strict control of budgets, and financial expenditures.
- Coordinate delivery logistics with program team and/or grantees to obtain the required permits including, such as delivery receipts.
- Coordinate transportation, permits, authorizations, insurance, loading and unloading of goods/materials, and financial allocation of related expenses under grants.
- Prepare requests for quotations, negotiate, conduct analysis, and recommend vendors for delivery of goods and materials to grantees.
- Communicate all delivery schedules corresponding to grant and operations procurements, including the projection of related expenses.
- Verify deliveries are complete and timely.
- Perform other tasks, as assigned.
Required Skills & Qualifications
- BA/B.Sc in related field is preferred.
- Minimum of 2 years specific work experience and at least 3 years of general work experience is required.
- Experience working in development funded programs.
- Strong knowledge of donor procurement rules and regulations.
- Demonstrated ability to solve challenging and complicated logistical issues.
- Experience with budgeting and cost analysis.
- Strong ability to use and develop management and tracking systems.
- Strong communication skills.
- Proficiency at using Microsoft office software: MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc. is required.
- Ability to work under pressure and efficiently handle multiple tasks.
- Ability to work under own initiative or as a part of a team.
- Experience of working in a conflict environment is a plus.
- Fluency in oral and written English is required.
- Fluency in one or more of the local state languages in the North Eastern part of Nigeria.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should submit the following documents below to: email@example.com Please reference the Job Title and Location on the subject line, your Cover Letter and Resume/CV.
- A current Resume or Curriculum Vitae (CV) listing all job responsibilities; AND
- A cover letter
Note: Only short-listed candidates will be contacted
- Team Lead, Procurement Job at Edge Business Concept Limited
- Inventory/Purchasing Officer Job at Sign8concepts Nigeria Limited
- Procurement Officer Job at IBFCAlliance Limited
- Procurement & Logistics Manager Recruitment at C & I Leasing Plc
- Procurement Lead Recruitment at EST Master Construction Limited
- Purchasing Assistant Job at Rehoboth Palace Nigeria Company
- Procurement/Admin Officer Job at a reputable company
- Procurement Officer Job at Enitede Global Enterprise Nigeria Limited
- Procurement Officer Job at Katawa Properties Limited
- Procurement Officer Job at Management Sciences for Health (MSH)