Procurement Officer Job at Cultivating New Frontiers in Agriculture (CNFA)
Cultivating New Frontiers in Agriculture (CNFA) is a US-based nonprofit nongovernmental organization (NGO) that works to stimulate economic growth and improve rural livelihoods by empowering the private sector through five core capabilities: (1) Productivity, Food Security and Nutrition; (2) Input Supply and Farm Services; (3) Economic Resilience and Rapid Recovery; (4) Value Chain Development; and (5) Volunteer Technical Assistance. CNFA assists smallholders in increasing household-level food security and nutrition through improved agricultural practices, introduction of new varieties, diversification of crop production, food preservation and storage, development of farmer-based organizations (FBOs) and strengthened linkages to markets.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Position: Procurement Officer
Job Location: Nigeria
Job Type: Full-time
Career Level: Staff
The Feed the Future Nigeria Agribusiness Investment Activity aims to strengthen the enabling environment for agribusiness finance and investment focusing on the following five key value chains: rice, cowpea, soy, maize and aquaculture. The Activity seeks to viably and sustainably link thousands of MSMEs and producer organizations with high-performing commercial actors in the targeted value chain in 7 Nigerian states; namely, Benue, Kaduna, Niger, Kebbi, Delta, Ebonyi, and Cross River. The overall objective of the Activity is to measurably improve the agribusiness investment climate, which plays a pivotal role in attracting foreign direct and domestic investment, leading to food security and improved nutrition for all Nigerians.
To achieve this goal, the Activity focuses on four interrelated components: (i) improving the enabling environment for agricultural sector growth through legal and regulatory reform; (ii) broadening access to finance by mitigating the credit risks of agribusinesses; (iii) promoting and facilitating investment opportunities for agribusinesses to expand and scale up operations; and (iv) sustainably enhancing the performance of agribusiness micro, small and medium size enterprises (MSMEs). In line with the U.S. and Nigerian governments’ commitment to growing the non-oil-based economy, these efforts will increase the depth, breadth, dynamism, and competitiveness of Nigeria’s agribusiness sector.
Beginning in December 2018 and closing in 2023, this $15.6 million project aims to upgrade and facilitate thousands of linkages between small and medium enterprises (SMEs), including producer organizations, and high-performing commercial actors in the target value chains. As a result of streamlined regulations, more effective policies, improved production and processing practices, and significantly increased finance and investment flows, the Activity will increase the competitiveness and returns of both large and small sale agricultural enterprises. Employing a value chain approach, the Agribusiness Investment Activity aims to facilitate $100 million in new lending and $100 million in new investment.
- The Procurement Officer will oversee and conduct the Activity’s procurement operations in Nigeria.
- She / he will play a pivotal role in leading the procurement process, ensuring integrity, fairness, openness, and adherence to CNFA policies, procedures, and controls.
- The position requires relevant work experience in the field of procurement and contracting across a variety of industry sectors, contract management, dispute resolution, managing interpersonal relationships and communication, and investigating / following up on vendor issues.
- The Procurement Officer will be responsible for overseeing and ensuring that complete procurement related backup documentation is provided prior to submission to Finance Team. She / he will oversee solicitations, and price / cost / reasonability analyses.
- This position works with all project components and stakeholders to meet the procurement needs of the Activity. The Procurement Officer will report directly to the Deputy Chief of Party and is based in Abuja.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure the smooth implementation of procurement activities of the Activity.
- Lead and oversee procurement processes including, drafting/reviewing Request for Proposals (RFPs) and Request for Quotes (RFQs), managing the RFP/RFQ process, conducting bid reviews, analysis, and evaluations, drafting procurement contracts, and reviewing contract deliverables.
- Oversee recruitment of short-term consultants, advertise consultant scopes of work, lead advertisement and selection process for technical specialists.
- Prepare Sole-source, Selection Memos, Purchase Orders, Subcontracts and Blanket Purchase Agreements.
- Ensure proper documentation is collected throughout the procurement process.
- Prepare modifications to documentation based on adjustments made during the procurement process.
- Prepare complete backup documentation for procurement purchases and submit to the Activity’s Finance Team.
- Support the management of the Activity’s inventory and asset register.
- Ensure all project assets are tagged and recorded in asset register.
- Conduct regular reviews of procurement related backup documentation to ensure completeness, accuracy, and compliance.
- Confer with vendors and suppliers (local, regional, and international sources) to obtain product or service information such as price, availability, and delivery schedule.
- Obtain estimate value of goods and services through multiple quotations from reliable and competitive suppliers.
- Verify detailed tender specifications and performance standards with the technical and operations teams to facilitate procurement of equipment, goods, and services in strict compliance with the approved policy.
- Perform regular spot checks of procurement files using audit tools.
- Ensure that appropriate measures are in place to prevent and / or detect incidence of fraud, collusion, or corruption in procurement practices.
- Organize procurement selection meetings (“Technical Evaluation Committees”) to consider tender applications against approved technical specifications and with due regard to market price, cost, quality, and speed of delivery as well as economy of operations.
- Help other project staff become more familiar with, and understand, project policies and procedures as related to procurement.
- Monitor, track and expedite all project procurement activities and delivery status of goods / services.
- Determine appropriate source selection methods for procurement to ensure compliance.
- Ensure procurements are approved by the required CNFA / Project authorities, and / or client approvals are received before awards and payments are made.
- Manage the distribution of office supplies and other items.
- Through market research efforts, identify and qualify potential suppliers and service providers. Ensure that ethical, transparent, and appropriate supplier relationships are created and maintained according to procurement policies.
- Ensure that all office equipment is maintained and is in good working condition.
- Ensure procurement files are maintained physically and electronically, in an orderly and up-to-date system, as per USAID regulations and internal standards;
- Perform other duties as requested by the COP or DCOP.
- Must be legally allowed to work in Nigeria;
- University graduate with a degree in Business Administration or related field;
- Minimum four years of experience in procurement administration;
- Prior experience leading and managing the procurement aspects of USAID or other donor-funded projects preferred, including a demonstrated understanding of donor regulations (US Government & Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR) regulations);
- Demonstrated ability to unpack and communicate complex concepts simply with a range of stakeholders and sectors;
- Ability to respond effectively to time sensitive demands & inquiries;
- Proficiency using Microsoft office suite, and other relevant software.
- Excellent organizational skills with a willingness to take initiative and be proactive in the procurement process.
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple concurrent bids.
- Excellent communications and personnel management skills and ability to relate to people at all levels of an organization and of different multi-ethnic backgrounds.
- Well organized and self-directed individual with sound technical skills, and analytical ability.;
- Ability to travel to support project work; and
- Excellent written and oral communications skills in English;
- Knowledge of local languages is an advantage.
- Procurement Officer Job at Prime Pharmacy and Superstores
- Entry Level Production / Procurement Officer Recruitment
- Procurement Officer Job at Moral Crown Limited
- Procurement Manager Job at Co-Creation Hub (CcHUB)
- Procurement Manager Job at High Performance Consulting
- Purchase Auditor (Female) Job at Sayed Farms Limited
- Procurement Officer Job at SPIE Oil & Gas Services
- Procurement Officer Job at R.A.THINK DESIGN
- Procurement Officer Job at Prime Pharmacy and Super Store
- Procurement Officer Job at Zetech Oil Services