Procurement Officer Job at Management Sciences for Health (MSH)
The Management Sciences for Health (MSH), a global health nonprofit organization, uses proven approaches developed over 40 years to help leaders, health managers, and communities in developing nations build stronger health systems for greater health impact. We work to save lives by closing the gap between knowledge and action in public health.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Position: Procurement Officer
Job ID: 13-10646
Job Location: Nigeria-Abuja
Group/Office: FAO (Finance, Admin, and Operations)
Dept/Unit: FAOBOP - FAO Business Operations
Project/Program: A000 - None Specified
Reports To: Senior Procurement Officer
- MSH seeks a procurement officer to be based in its Abuja, Nigeria office.
- The procurement officer will work closely with MSH's field projects to provide procurement oversight in the form of training and mentoring to ensure compliance with MSH standards.
- The procurement officer will also be responsible for procuring goods and services for a portfolio of projects including those in francophone countries.
Procurement and Purchasing of Commercial Goods and Services – MSH Field Projects:
- Procurement of Commercial Goods and Services under Simplified Acquisition Threshold: Prepares documents such as Request for Quotations (RFQs) and complete terms and conditions, emails RFQs to vendors, tracks receipt of proposals, evaluates quotes, selects and notifies vendors, and ensures written prior approval is received from USAID, when required, prior to issuing a purchase order.
- Procurement of Commercial Goods and Commercial Services Over Simplified Acquisition Threshold: Develops formal solicitations for full and open competition of commercial goods and services for purchases over $100,000, including preparation of Requests for Proposal (RFPs). Includes placing legal notices, drafting Technical Evaluation Guidelines, coordinating review committee process, negotiating with vendors, preparing final source selection memo.
- Monitoring of Delegated Procurement Functions: Under the direction of the Senior Procurement Officer, provide oversight to field procurement to include training project procurement staff, providing oversight and mentoring to staff who will receive procurement delegation, and conduct spot checks of field procurement activities to ensure compliance with MSH policies and procedures.
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience.
- Six years of significant relevant work experience.
- Demonstrated experience in procurement and purchasing systems in the federal procurement arena preferred.
- Demonstrated experience in training and mentoring.
- High level of familiarity with USAID and federal procurement regulations preferred.
- Good computer skills including word processing and spreadsheet applications.
- Fluent spoken and written English and French.
- Strong interpersonal skills possessing a keen sense of the collaborative spirit necessary for working within and across programs.
- Ability to manage competing and multiple deadlines.
- International travel required up to 40%.
- Procurement Officer Job at Jokris Global Ventures
- Procurement Officer Job at Amazuma Services Limited
- Procurement Officer Job at TIJMAF INNOVATION SERVICES
- Assistant Procurement Officer Job at Rinaebo Integrated Services Limited
- Procurement Manager Job at Dataflex
- Procurement Officer Job at Eko Maintenance Limited
- Procurement and Logistics Officer Recruitment at CGC Nigeria Limited
- Procurement Officer Job at IO Furniture Limited
- Purchasing Officer Job at Willers Solutions Limited
- Procurement Officer Job at Cuso International