Product Lead Job at eHealth Africa
eHealth Africa designs and implements data-driven solutions and technologies to improve health systems for and with local communities. eHA’s technology works in low connectivity settings and uses data to drive decision-making by local governments and partner agencies to get optimum results.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Position: Product Lead
Job Location: Kano
Purpose of the Position
- The Product Lead leads the execution of data-driven and geospatial analytics products for eHealth Africa’s customers
- He/She will oversee the development of software solutions by collaborating with cross-functional teams, in order to solve users pain points
- The ideal person for this role loves to collaborate with users and other team members to craft the perfect product based on product and user needs and feedback, leverage market research to deliver product high-quality outputs
What you’ll do
The Product Lead will support eHA’s GIS & Analytics department under the supervision of the Deputy Director, GIS & Analytics Development by performing the following:
- Develop and manage product lifecycle for eHealth Africa products and solutions
- Liaise with internal and external clients to properly perform requirements gathering
- Take the product’s mission, user research and analytics data and translate into clear, simple user requirements.
- Lead concept sprints to build a product roadmap, define MVP functionality and collect user feedback
- Develop and manage a backlog of product requirements
- Ensures that product needs are presented and prioritized appropriately
- Create thoughtful and appropriate solutions to design challenges of all sizes by translating research insights into beautiful and engaging user interfaces which satisfy user needs, business requirements and technical constraints
- Develop acceptance criteria for all tasks that require design and development
- Collaborate cross-functionally with the engineering team, design team and users to ensure a smooth, data-driven, iterative, transparent and feedback-driven product development process
- Collaborate with designers and engineers to conceptualize, document, design and develop new product concepts
- Produce engaging experiences using sketches, storyboards, information architecture blueprints and prototypes to collect feedback and iteratively improve and support the design process.
- Develop comprehensive annotated design specifications and functional documentation for products.
- Maintain a collegial, collaborative and accessible working style
- Perform any other duties assigned by management
Who you are
- Bachelor's Degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science, Business or related Degree
- 3 years of experience leading agile projects as a product owner and/or product manager
- Experience leading product and/or cross-functional teams
- A proven track record of building consumer quality products, enabling business capability and objectives through technology
- Ability to move between strategic discussions with senior client leaders to tackle on the ground agile coaching with teams
- Relentless prioritization and alignment with business and IT stakeholders to ensure highest value capture
- Solid understanding of software development life cycle models as well as expert knowledge of Agile project management principles and practices and the ability to blend them together in the right proportions to fit a project and business environment
- Proficient with drawing storyboards, creating wireframes, creating / ‘grooming’ product backlogs, writing user stories and developing acceptance criteria
- Knowledge and understanding of technical engineering best practices (e.g., test driven development, continuous integration, etc.)
- Ability to work under pressure, manage client expectations effectively and not get overwhelmed by client pressures on the team
- An excellent project manager that can plan 2-3 steps ahead of the team and surface hidden risks 2-3 levels deep within the team
- Working knowledge of Agile development tools (JIRA, Asana, Slack etc)
- Experience working with design team to deliver top user experience (UX) and user interface (UI)
- Cultural sensitivity, sound judgment, and a strong interest in working in a demanding and intellectually challenging environment, with the organizational ability to handle multiple tasks around ambitious deadlines
- Ability to identify and promote design and Agile best practices.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills, organizational skills and great attention to detail. Ability to work in collaboration with others on a project team and independently on tasks
- Must be able to work as a leader and member of a team and possess good problem-solving skills
- Know how to receive and deliver constructive criticism in a team
- Good learning ability. Action-oriented and resilient in a fast-paced environment
- Product Management, Product Design, Nonprofit Organizations, Communication, User-centered Design, Technology Management, Customer Experience, Interpersonal Skills
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate, but can become louder at times due to group discussions or activities. eHA is a tobacco-free environment.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear
- The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee is frequently required to sit and use a computer and reach with their hands and arms.
- Above all:We believe strongly in our mission and our core values, and our teams are most successful when they do also.
Impact & Quality:
- We work on solving big problems. We believe in the power of technology to make a transformational difference in health systems, and we know that when we do high-quality work, we have the opportunity to change lives in the communities we impact.
- We maintain a worldview driven by possibilities, not limitations
- We build smart systems that will sustain beyond our tenures
- We challenge prevailing assumptions, respect the urgency of the environments we operate in, and take smart risks to search for the best solution.
- We care intensely about what we do, and about whom we do it with
- We inspire others with our tenacity and commitment to our communities and each other.
- We are honest with our communities, our partners, our donors, and ourselves
- We communicate with candor, respect, and humility
- We are quick to admit our own mistakes, and work to correct them with openness & expediency.
Growth & Learning:
- We embrace curiosity. We pursue and promote continuous learning, share our skills and knowledge, and actively work to make ourselves and those around us better.
- We work to become part of the fabric of the communities in which we work. We value our seat at the table, and invest in the places we call home.
- Network Manager Job at TIJMAF INNOVATION SERVICES
- System/Network Engineer Job at Netcom Africa
- Business Development Manager (IT Software) Job at PG Consulting
- ICT Instructor/Trainer Recruitment at Bluescripts IT Academy Limited
- ICT Teacher (Robotics & Coding) Job at Eden Solutions & Resources Limited
- Computer/ Info Tech Officer Job at a reputable Micro-finance Bank
- IT/Network Engineer Recruitment at Trakatel International Limited
- Computer Teacher Job at a reputable institution
- MARKETING EXECUTIVE
- IT Specialist & Work Place Support Job at ORIFLAME COSMETICS NIG LTD