Product Marketing Lead Job at Paystack
Paystack helps businesses in Africa get paid by anyone, from anywhere in the world. Thousands of businesses of all sizes use our modern payments platform, including MTN, UPS, AXA Mansard Insurance, the Lagos Internal Revenue Service, and several others.
Within a little over 4 years, our close-knit team now processes over 50% of all online payments in Nigeria. Recently, we were acquired by global payments leader Stripe to accelerate online commerce across Africa.
At Paystack, we believe that we will win by recruiting talented people and giving them the space, resources, and support to do the best work of their lives. We hire skilled people who are both clever and kind, treat them with respect, and give them the means to succeed. And we would love your help!
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Position: Product Marketing Lead
Job Location: Remote
About the Product Marketing Lead Role
- We're looking for an experienced product marketing leader to help Paystack acquire, engage, and retain Africa's most ambitious businesses.
- The product marketing team at Paystack works across the entire product lifecycle - from generating customer insights that inform Paystack's positioning, messaging and product strategy, to creating and executing go-to-market campaigns for our large suite of products.
- As the Product Marketing Lead, you will build a product marketing organization that partners closely with the Product, Engineering, Sales, Design, Editorial and Customer Success teams to help shape products, and drive adoption post-launch. This is a senior role, requiring extensive experience leading marketing teams for API-driven products.
- "What are the impediments to our merchants' growth?" This is the animating question that drives everything we do at Paystack, and as the Product Marketing Lead, you'll help us discover the surprising answers to this question and methodically implement interventions that remove these bottlenecks. Learn more about the recurring themes in the work we do.
- This is an exciting time to join the Paystack team. We're growing quickly, launching in new countries, partnering with Stripe to unlock global payment channels for African businesses for the first time in history, and bringing new products to several customer segments. The teams we serve include small businesses using our no-code seller tools to sell on Instagram, developers and startups leveraging our APIs to monetize their ideas, and global brands like UPS who are expanding across Africa.
- We're looking for an analytical storyteller to help connect these merchant categories with the tools they need to grow and scale successful businesses.
- This is a remote-friendly, full-time role, and you'll report directly to the Head of Growth. The successful candidate will ideally be physically located within the GMT -3 to GMT +3 timezones, although we might make exceptions for great candidates. If you're based outside Nigeria, the role will require occasional travel to Lagos, Nigeria at least four times a year, when it's safer to travel.
We'll trust you to:
- Lead Paystack's entire product marketing strategy. You will work closely with cross-functional teams - product managers, sales, design, editorial, customer success, and many others - to acquire, engage, and retain customer segments across all geographies.
- Recruit and coach members of the Paystack product marketing team. You'll build a world-class marketing practice that attracts the best marketing talent.
- Oversee the launch of new products, and our entry into new countries. Your scope of influence spans everything from messaging and positioning, to ongoing campaigns to drive growth.
- Develop a deep understanding of our customers and keep a pulse on the competitive landscape to inform our go-to-market strategy. You will talk regularly to users and prospects and analyse the customer journey to discover the bottlenecks preventing them from finding success. These qualitative and quantitative insights help inform Paystack's product strategy as well as our approach to marketing.
- Think through our growth loops and come up with hypotheses for how to nurture prospects through the entire loop. You will design and implement growth experiments at every stage of the customer lifecycle, from the logged out experience, through to onboarding and beyond.
- Create systems that generate product qualified leads and marketing qualified leads for the sales team
You'll thrive as Paystack's Product Marketing Lead if you:
- Have experience building and leading a thriving organization of product marketers. You understand the power of organizational design, and you are excited to recruit and mentor talent.
- Have experience in B2B marketing and working closely with product development, sales, and creative teams. While it's not critical that you've worked in fintech specifically, it would be a plus.
- Have experience marketing technical products where developers are major decision-makers
- Are a master communicator, able to articulate ideas in clearly and compellingly, both orally and in writing.
- Enjoy cross-functional, collaborative projects that involve several stakeholders.
- Have deep empathy for entrepreneurs. You genuinely enjoy speaking often with ambitious teams, and take every opportunity to deeply understand their needs. You enjoy figuring out how to solve their problems and remove the bottlenecks impeding their growth.
- Enjoy digging into the numbers to glean quantitative insights. You pair this with experience and intuition to inform your decisions.
Application Instructions and Notice
- In your Cover Letter, please take care to explain how your professional and personal experiences have set you up to thrive in this role. This is important. We find that while unsuccessful applicants tend to simply summarize their CV, successful applicants are able to clearly articulate how their background makes them uniquely suited for this role.
- Questions? Please contact Emmanuel at: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Front Desk / Social Media Officer Job at Dezigntees.ng
- Marketer Job at Greenlife Oasis
- Sales and Marketing Executive Job at Ascentech Services Limited
- Marketing Executives Job at Fastnote limited
- Sales & Marketing Manager Job at ValueFronteira Limited
- Social Media Manager Job at Ef network
- Digital Marketer / Customer Service Representative Job at Toc Consult
- Content Curator / Loader Job at ZonicMe Limited
- Nationwide Field & Tele Sales Agents Opening
- Telesales Manager Job at Rosabon Financial Services