Graceco Limited is a food processing and manufacturing company with specialty in consumer goods and the production of input for bakers and the confectionery industries. Graceco is a leader in confectioneries and bakers’ items. Our success is powered by our world-class team of highly engaged and committed staff.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Position: Production Manager
Job Location: Lagos
Reports To: General Manager Operations
- Job location The position is located at Alagbado Lagos, Nigeria.
- Working time is normally between 7:30am-5pm Mondays to Fridays and 8:30am-3pm on Saturdays.
- The production manager is to ensure planning, organizing, leading and controlling of human and other resources to meet the organizational production target. The holder must ensure effective and efficient methods of production that will be cost efficient and sustainable.
- The position holder must have knowledge of production machines such as Mixer, Packaging Machine, Kneader, Fryer, and similar industrial food processing machines.
- Ensure that the department operates at 90% efficiency level every day
- In collaboration with maintenance department, ensure all machines runs at maximum efficiency level and are serviced as at when due
- Ensure every shift meets and exceed the set target with minimum waste level
- Ensure operations is not delayed or shut down because of inadequate raw material
- Curb lateness, absenteeism , insubordination and other indiscipline among staff by recommending to HR appropriate sanctions
- Promote teamwork, harmony, fairness among the supervisors and staff
- Identify and recommend for promotion/reward diligent and committed staff
- In collaboration with HR department, ensure a viable succession plan for all strategic position such as supervisors, machine operators and other key roles.
- Manage the headcount of staff to ensure the department is not over staffed or under staffed at every point.
- Coordinate all production activities and ensure the final products meets the highest level of quality
- Ensure proper documentation of all activities about operations; machine downtime, shift reports, output, etc.
- In collaboration with production administrator, ensure that raw materials needed to achieve normal and impromptu production target are available before commencement of production.
- Ensure highest level of cleanliness and hygiene in all units and around the chin-chin department.
- Implement and sustain the 5s in the department
- Suggest to management ways of improving production in a cost effective manner
- In collaboration with safety department, ensure all staff comply with all health and safety standard; staff wear required PPE always, PPEs are in good and hygienic condition
- Must have a working knowledge of all machine operations including spare part, and general maintenance insight.
- Ensure the department runs as a viable revenue centre and eliminate every form of human and material waste
- Suggest the right equipment configuration to facilitate the attainment of department goals.
- Ensure that the sales order for product is properly managed and fulfilled on a daily basis
- Introduces best practices into production and ensure that all parts of the floor are productively engaged at the same time.
- Ensure any incident, accident, near miss and unsafe act/situation is adequately handled.
- Any other responsibility assigned to you by management.
This position has the following challenges among other ones;
- Occasional over time as a result of large order
- Working with unskilled temporary staff
- Turnover and absenteeism rate may be high if unchecked and that will affect daily production target
- Scheduling and planning different shift
- Monitoring different machine operators
- Controlling wastage ; nylon, packaging material, and others
- Developing accurate weekly production plan
- Detecting and preventing pilferage and wastage of material
- It is expected that you will discharge all the responsibilities to the position and proffer sustainable solutions to the challenges.
- Applicant should have B.Sc in Food Science and other related discipline.
- Applicant must have relevant certification (FSMS).
- Applicant must be computer literate: Excel, MS Word, Power Point
- Applicant must reside within Ikeja, Agege, Ipaja, Otta, Alagbado and environs.
- Applicant must have minimum of 3 years’ experience as a Production Manager.