Project Accountant Job at The International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA)
The International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA) is a not-for-profit institution that generates agricultural innovations to meet Africa’s most pressing challenges of hunger, malnutrition, poverty, and natural resource degradation. Working with various partners across sub-Saharan Africa, we improve livelihoods, enhance food and nutrition security, increase employment, and preserve natural resource integrity. IITA is a member of CGIAR, a global agriculture research partnership for a food secure future.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Position: Project Accountant
Job Location: Ibadan, Oyo
Recruitment Type: National (3-year renewable contract)
Successful candidate will among other things perform the following duties:
- Ensure periodic preparation, analysis and coordination of Financial Reports to donors;
- Carryout setting up of budgets, budgetary control and monitoring;
- Attend to queries from Project Investigators and donors on regular basis;
- Carryout account receivable setup, update, invoice generation, fund capturing and acknowledgement;
- Monitor project receivables and donor funds to center accounts;
- Carryout setting up of projects accounts cost centers/files;
- Ensure preparation of monthly and yearly Management report on audit;
- Provide administrative support to Project Accounts Unit;
- Liaise with Project Development and Administrative Unit, Project Coordinators/Scientists in ensuring absolute compliance on project-related issues with IITA policies;
- Ensure monthly reconciliation of imprest accounts to general ledger;
- Strictly ensure compliance with contractual requirements of donors, e.g. reporting due dates.
- Provide supervisory role to subordinates within Finance Directorate;
- Perform other accounting/administrative duties as may be assigned by the Project Finance Manager/Financial Controller and Director of Finance from time to time.
- M.Sc/MBA in Accounting or related field from an accredited institution with ACA/ACCA.
- The ideal candidate must have a minimum of ten (10) years' experience performing related roles.
The ideal candidate must:
- Have a strong analytical mind.
- Have a good working knowledge of computer applications especially Oracle Apps.
- Have a pleasant personality, good team player, honest.
- Have good command of both written and oral English.
- We offer highly competitive salary with equally attractive benefits and excellent working conditions in a pleasant campus environment.
Method of Application
Interested applicants should complete the online application attaching detailed cover letter and curriculum vitae saved with their names in Microsoft word format, The application must include the names and e-mail addresses of three professional referees which must include the applicant’s current or previous direct Supervisor, professional colleague and evidence of current remuneration package.
Click here for more Information (PDF)
- IITA is an equal opportunity employer and particularly welcomes applications from women candidates.
- Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Accountant/Administrative Executive Recruitment at Aideplanet Limited
- Accountant Job at Beckley Consulting Limited
- Account Manager Job at Netcom Africa
- Treasury Officer Job at Netcom Africa
- Internal Auditor Job at Stern & Kay Consulting
- Accountant Job at Stern and Kay Consulting Limited
- Retail Executive/ Financial Advisor Job at Mutual Benefits Assurance Plc
- Account Officer/Front Desk Officer Recruitment at Lorache Group
- Accountant Job at W & S Logistics Company Limited
- Account Officer Job at Lorache Group