Project Director Job at YoHome Africa
YoHome Africa is a privately owned construction company, which aims to revolutionize how housing is delivered in Africa. We have brought a unique construction metholody to Africa where our houses and apartments are constructed using cast in situ concrete, with a specialist aluminium form.
We have recently opened up a division in Nigeria and we are looking for en exceptional individual to head up our operations in the capacity below:
Job Position: Project Director
Job Location: Lagos
- We are looking for an exceptional, experienced and dynamic Operations Director who has a proven track record in managing of large-scale residential contract over multiple locations in Africa or Middle East.
- This role presents a fantastic opportunity for the successful candidate to progress their career with YoHome Africa. In this role you will direct project leads and ensure all projects are completed on time, within budget, and according to pre-established specifications.
- Responsible for the effective delivery of all projects.
- Accountable for the achievement of operations revenue and profit targets.
- Ensure that the Projects financial results are within target or above and initiate any corrective action that may be required.
- Establish with the Clients and within each Project Team, a Project vision, culture, goals and success criteria and implement these.
- Responsible for providing leadership and direction in the implementation of projects.
- Together with Project Managers, ensure Project Execution Plans are established for completion of the Projects demonstrating excellence throughout.
- Drawing up checklists, ensuring compliance with the Operating System, reviewing compliance with Project Managers.
- Responsible for ensuring that accurate site production reports are issued monthly.
- Overseeing all contract administration.
- Together with the Project Managers, identify and manage Contract changes and notify Clients in a timely manner, of their impact on costs, work schedule and Contract obligations.
- Ensure the implementation of an effective Risks and Opportunities Management system for each project.
- Put forward a clear understanding of Health and Safety throughout the Projects and be seen as positively influencing Safety culture and measures in all Projects phases, encouraging and supporting initiatives.
- Ensuring that all site equipment is safe, tested and operated by competent personnel.
- Ensure clear lines of responsibility, clear split of scope of work, clear communication channels and decision making processes throughout the Project Organisation.
- Develop team spirit throughout the Project for maximum understanding and ownership of Project goals at all levels to enhance Project performance.
- Responsible for mentoring direct reports in critical controls and in their role.
- Ensure regular feedback of lessons learnt is done at each project completion.
- Ensure proper closing out of the Contracts, both with Company and Subcontractors.
- Builds and maintains good relationships with various external and internal stakeholders.
Preferred Experience and Education
- Must have a multifaceted background with senior level management responsibility which include, experience in concrete, technical management, project management and contract management.
- Bachelor's degree in Construction Management, Engineering or related area
- Minimum of 10 years management experience, including responsible positions that include project management, problem solving, proactive customer interface, and employee empowerment.
- Technology savvy with an up to date understanding of modern construction methods, technology and cloud platforms
- Experience in large, complex residential projects
- Quality Control
- Project Management
- Problem Solving
- Contract negotiation
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Senior Programme Officer Job at Africa Leadership Forum
- Project Coordinator Job at Restoration of Hope Initiative (ROHI)
- Livelihood Officer Job at Restoration of Hope Initiative (ROHI)
- Monitoring and Evaluation Officer Job at Restoration of Hope Initiative(ROHI)
- Case Management Officer Job at Restoration of Hope Initiative
- Programs Officer Job at FHI 360
- Internal Communications and Sustainability Manager Job at The British American Tobacco
- Project Assistant / Capacity Building Officer Job at Abt Associates
- Head of Product Development and Innovation Job at Signal Alliance Limited
- Latest Job Opportunities at Women Friendly Initiative (WFI)