Care International is a global leader within a worldwide movement dedicated to saving lives and ending poverty. We work in over 94 countries around the world to provide over 1000 poverty-fighting development and humanitarian aid projects.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Position: Project Manager
Job Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Job Field: Project Management
Position Type: Regular
- Responsible for the overall planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of Food Livelihood and Nutrition Security (FLNS) sector projects at State level under the direct supervision of FLNS Sector Manager.
- Planning, Implementation, Reporting, Monitoring and Evaluation
- Prepare and supervise implementation of daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual plans.
- Participate in the design, implementation and review of project monitoring, evaluation, accountability and learning (MEAL) tools.
- Utilize MEAL information and other reports to improve on the efficiency and effectiveness of project performance and address any variances as may be necessary
- Identify necessary technical assistance and prepare Terms of Reference (TORs) as necessary.
- Prepare timely narrative and financial reports that meet donor and CARE standards schedules for submission to sector manager.
- Ensure compliance with contract provisions regarding all project matters: administration, procurement or general management etc.
- Actively participate in the preparation of project concept notes, proposals and resource mobilization in general, both technical and financial parts.
- Working in a teamwork in the Country Office, actively mobilize resources in line with the Country Office motto of “everyone is a resource mobilizer”
- Carry out project technical and financial review of concept notes and proposals
- Competently and timely address technical and financial review comments/remarks from internal and external reviewers of project concept notes and proposals.
Supervision and Management of Direct:
- Supervise Assistant Project Managers in the Local Government Areas in a state, MEAL officer and Nutrition Officer.
- Identify direct reports capacity development needs and in consultation with the FLNS Manager and Human Resources develop their capacity.
- Guide direct reports prepare performance plans and appraise them in consultation with FLNS Sector Manager and HR staff.
- Support HR and FLNS sector staff recruitment
Management of Project Resources:
- Prepare realistic monthly and annual budgets
- Monitor monthly project expenses in coordination with sector manager and maintain adherence to CARE's financial policy to ensure that spending is within budgetary guidance.
- Authorize Advance request, travel request, liquidations and any other financial documents of direct reports as directed by supervisor or senior.
- Ensure that all moveable and non-moveable CARE property and assets are judiciously managed.
- Support procurement and administrative tasks at the State and LGAs levels.
- Support safety and security tasks at state and LGAs levels.
Representation, Liaison and Networking:
- Ensure good public relations and enhances CARE's image and effective representation at all levels including community, donor agencies, federal, state and LGA.
- Identify and prepare issues/topics for presentation in workshops, seminars, conference, meetings etc.
- Promote dissemination, internally and extremely, of projects results
- Perform any other tasks as assigned by the sector manager or her/his designate.
Skills and Qualifications
- At least a Bachelors level degree in a Food Livelihood and Nutrition Security fields (e.g. Agriculture, food security, Agribusiness).
- Excellent GOAT
- Proficiency in MS office package
- At least 5 years working in food livelihood security sector with experience in emergency, early recovery and development.
Desired and Technical Skills:
- Solid experience of community mobilization approaches and coordination with governments / local authorities.
- Experience of application of standards, new approaches, methodologies. High quality report writing, budgets and tracking of project resources.
- Good leadership qualities and ability to interact effectively with donors, counterparts and organizations.
- Experienced problem solver and decision maker.
- Experience in gender, civil society strengthening, working through partnership, national NGOs, working with IDPs, returnees and host communities in hard-to-reach areas.
- Fluent in written and spoken English
- Strong organizational and communication skills.
- Excellent inter-personal skills.
- Ability to work independently and meet deadlines yet effectively coordinate program activities with other CARE projects and other similar interventions being implemented in the same operational area.
- Advanced computer skills - MS office package.
By submitting your Application for this position you agreed to CARE’s ZERO Tolerance to:
- Sexual Harassment, Exploitation, Abuse and Child Abuse
- Indicate clearly in the subject line of the email the position you are applying for and the location (in Caps)
- Save your Application and CV with your name before attaching it
- CARE strongly encourage women to apply
- Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
- CARE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. CARE considers all applicants on the basis of merit without prejudice to race, sexual orientation, religion, disability, age, color, national origin, marital status, or veteran status.
- Monitoring & Evaluation Officer
- Project Manager
- Project Manager at Subsea 7
- Coordinator, Project (Supervisory) at MTN Nigeria
- Project Manager, Consortium
- Project Manager at Care International
- Project Manager at Adexen HR and Recruitment Services
- Project Manager at COOPI - Cooperazione Internazionale
- Project Management Office - Lead
- Senior Environmental Specialist