Project Manager Job at Maryland Global Initiatives Corporation Nigeria
The Maryland Global Initiatives Corporation (MGIC) Nigeria is a non-profit affiliate of UMB with a mission to administratively support international operations of UMB Principal Investigators. Our purpose is to provide the administrative infrastructure for sizable and sustained operations outside of the U.S. Currently, MGIC operates in Kenya, Nigeria, Rwanda, Tanzania, and Zambia, with registration application in-process in Haiti. These operations support the research and clinical programs of the SOM, Institute of Human Virology.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Position: Project Manager
Job Location: Abuja (FCT)
Employment Type: Contract
- The University of Maryland Baltimore MGIC Nigeria Office is seeking to engage a Project Manager for management and supervision of the refit of new office space
- A.Purpose. This request for proposal (RFP) is to engage a Project Manager for management and supervision of the refit of new office space for the period of 3months from signing of a contract.
- Only individuals with Project Management experience, ARCON, or COREN registered may respond to this RFP.
Conditions of Proposal:
- All costs incurred in the preparation of a proposal responding to this RFP will be the responsibility of the Offeror and will not be reimbursed by MGIC.
- It is the responsibility of the Offeror to ensure that the proposal is received by MGIC by the date specified above. Proposals received after the closing submission date will not be considered.
Right to Reject:
- MGIC reserves the right to reject any and all proposals received in response to this RFP. A contract for the accepted proposal will be drafted based upon the factors described in this RFP.
Notification of Award:
- It is expected that a decision selecting the successful contractor will be made within two (2) weeks of the closing date of the receipt of proposals.
- Upon conclusion of final negotiations with the successful contractor, s/he will be informed, in writing. It is expected that the contract shall be for three (3) months with the option to renew for a maximum of three (3) months.
- The contract will be for work performed within the specified time period with a retainer and additional fees above that amount at an hourly rate.
Scope of Services
The Offeror shall be readily available to perform the following Project Management services, as requested by the organization:
- Supervising refitting project from start to finish.
- Ensuring teams work together to deliver quality work to strict deadlines.
- Monitoring construction processes.
- Performing equipment, material, and routine site inspections.
- Scheduling regular meetings with vendors and staff.
- Writing up reports, budgets, project plans, and presenting them to relevant stakeholders.
- Obtain permits where required.
- Ensuring adherence to health and safety regulations at all times
The Offeror shall submit detailed billing statements for all services billed at an hourly rate or prorated as necessary. The offeror shall also include summaries of work performed and time spent on services performed under the flat monthly fee, as discussed below.
The Offeror, in its proposal, shall, as a minimum, include the following;
- The Offeror should describe its Project management experience, including the names, addresses, contact persons, and telephone numbers of at least three clients, preferably including clients like MGIC. Letters of reference are highly encouraged. Experience should include the following categories:
- Experience advising international non-profit organizations.
- Experience advising clients conducting similar programs and US government-funded services.
Organization, Size, Structure, and Areas of Practice. If the Offeror is a firm, it should describe its organization, size, structure, areas of practice, and office location(s)
The Offeror should have the following:
- Bachelor's degree in Architecture, Construction or Engineering preferable.
- Experience in the construction industry required.
- Experience in a leadership role recommended.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to focus and keep calm under pressure.
- Ability to keep track of multiple projects.
- ARCON or COREN registration will be an advantage.
- Project Management experience is recommended.
- The Offeror's proposed price should be an estimate of the quantity of work typical with this type of organization/NGO. It should include information on the daily billing rates and charges Also include a monthly flat fee that would be charged to advise on routine matters that could be handled over the telephone. MGIC reserves the right to negotiate with the Offeror on structure of the billing and/or retainer fee.
Evaluation Procedure and Criteria. M G I C will review and evaluate proposals based on the following criteria:
- The proposed approach to the scope of work.
- Level of experience of the individual(s) identified.
- The Offeror’s experience with similar clients and legal matters.
- Response from references and letters of reference.
- Interviews, if conducted.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Proposal, Inquiries and questions and addressed as follows:
Maryland Global Initiative Corporation,
No 2 Sirakoro Street,
Wuse 2, Abuja.
- HVAC Project Manager Job at LONTOR
- Operation Manager Job at Turahfrique Interiors Limited
- SPM Professionals Limited Recruitment for Station Manager and Operations Workers
- Operation Officer Job at Nicthan Monies
- Job Vacancies at MainOne Cable
- Carlcare Development Recruitment for an Operations Specialist
- Job Openings at Jotna Group
- Operations Manager Job at Reliance Family Clinics
- Latest Job Vacancies at Fountline Telecommunications
- Operations Specialist Job at Carlcare Development