Project Officer at World Health Organisation(WHO)
World Health Organization (WHO) is the directing and coordinating authority for health within the United Nations system. It is responsible for providing leadership on global health matters, shaping the health research agenda, setting norms and standards, articulating evidence-based policy options, providing technical support to countries and monitoring and assessing health trends.
We are recruiting to fill the vacant position below:
Job Position: Project Officer (HSS/EU Project)
Ref Id: 1804450
Job Location: Enugu
Duty Station: Awka-Anambra
Contractual Arrangement: Individual service contractor
Contract duration: 12 Months
Organization: AF_NGA Nigeria
Purpose of the Position
- The World Health Organization (WHO) Country Office of Nigeria entered into a funding arrangement with the European Union (EU) whereby, for a period of three years (April 2017 through March 2020), WHO will support the project titled: ‘Strengthening the Nigerian Health System towards achieving Universal Health Coverage’.
- The project focuses on improving the health situation in Nigeria, through improved data analysis and information dissemination capabilities, health expenditure estimation, reduction in financial barriers to health care at the federal level in selected states.
Description of Duties
Under the overall Guidance of the WHO Country Representative, and direct supervision of the Health Systems Adviser at the WHO Country Office in Abuja, the incumbent will carry out the following duties:
Collaborate with the state authorities in strengthening state-level Health Information and Health Financing functions including:
- Support the Ministry of Health to develop a harmonized data quality process
- Support for coordination of actors in health information through the relevant technical working group in the selected states
- Support the building of capacity of the State Ministry of Health research and statistics division and the state Monitoring and Evaluation/Health Information System (M&E/HIS) units on the analysis of health information, both from routine systems and from surveys
- Support to the Government for monitoring of the level of coverage of risk protection schemes at various levels of the health system
- Support to the Government to conduct annual health accounts estimation as well as other expenditure tracking processes
- Analyze information from these processes in 5 above alongside health outcomes data to assess efficiency of health spending
- Contribute towards WHO and EU’s visibility
- Coordinate project activities and facilitate opportunities for timely results attainment
- Liaise with the health sector leadership and appropriate stakeholders to resolve implementation bottlenecks
- Coordinate state Partners to facilitate synergy and maximize resources use for HSS initiatives
- Technical assistance to State in implementation of health information and health financing activities
- Technical assistance to the states for the development of Operational plan for implementation of the State Strategic Health Development Plan (SSHDP) II
- Support the documentation and sharing of lessons learned from the implementation of project’s initiatives at various platforms at state levels
- Produce and disseminate technical briefs on products
Contribute to WCO and state HSS key activities ensuring improvement of health information system and health financing within a holistic health system:
- Assigned duties:
- Participate in key federal level HSS planning and monitoring activities to ensure incorporation of Health information and health financing.
- Participate in WCO and specific HSS cluster planning and monitoring activities ensuring linkage of Health Information and Health Finance structures to overall health sector structures.
- Effective and timely delivery of WHO Country Office Key Performance Indictors (KPIs) including ePMDS, travel request, travel claims, activity reports, HSS Project Multiyear Plan implementation monthly report (with special focus on federal and state-level health workforce information system).
- Essential: University degree in Medicine, Public Health, Social Science or Economics.
- Desirable: Advanced university diploma or degree in health systems management, public health or other related area is an added advantage.
- Minimum 2 years' experience in policy, planning, managing or developing health systems including M&E, health financing and HRH - Essential
- Demonstrable knowledge and understanding of the Nigerian health system including health information system management and health financing - Essential
- Desirable: Previous experience in WHO, UN or other international organizations.
Use of language skills:
- Essential: Proficiency in written and spoken English
Specific skills required:
- Technical expertise in planning, monitoring and evaluating health systems especially health workforce management and development.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with the Ministry of Health and with a wide variety of stakeholders at state level
- Demonstrated ability to innovate, integrate, synthesize and communicate complex concepts and ideas verbally and in writing.
- Demonstrated ability to provide sound methodological, technical advice and guidance to multiple stakeholders and partners in countries.
- IT Proficiency.
Note: The deadline for receipt of applications indicated above reflects your personal device's system settings
- Facility Supervisor Job at Nicole Sinclair
- Operations Support Officer Job at Proten International
- Sightsavers Recruitment for Programme Officer, NTDs
- Project Manager Job at Horkey International Services Limited
- Project Director Recruitment at Management Sciences for Health (MSH)
- Project Officer Job at DO.II Designs Limited
- Landover Company Limited Recruitment for an Operations Assistant
- Operation Manager Job at Residency Hotels Limited
- Project Engineer Job at Power Field Consulting
- PROJECT MANAGER