Project Officer - NCA/CSSF Anti Kidnap Project at The British High Commission
The British Government is an inclusive and diversity-friendly employer. We value difference, promote equality and challenge discrimination, enhancing our organizational capability.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Position: Project Officer - NCA/CSSF Anti Kidnap Project
Job ID: (01/17 PHT)
Job Location: Port Harcourt
Grade: B3 (L)
Type of Position: Fixed Term
Duration of Post: 6 months
Start Date: 1 May 2017
Main Purpose of Job
- The main function of this post is act as an project support officer providing operational support to the National Crime Agency Anti Kidnap & Extortion Unit (AKEU) officer currently based in the British Deputy High Commission in Lagos, Nigeria
- The successful candidate will be expected to operate from the offices in BDHC, Port Harcout, Nigeria
- The successful candidate will demonstrate the ability to work effectively both alone and within a team, at pace and collaborating with partners.
- Appointments within the NCA require a high level of integrity and discretion. All candidates should be aware that this appointment is subject to security checks and clearance prior to appointment.
Roles and Responsibilities / what will the Jobholder be Expected to Achieve
The successful candidate will undertake a variety of tasks including:
- Initial kidnap response and liaison
- Interaction and debriefing of recovered hostages in conjunction with AKEU officer
- Liaison with Nigerian Police Force Intelligence Response Team (Anti Kidnap)
- Liaison with other NCA offices, law enforcement partners and private sectors partners in writng and in person
- Liaison with consular section
- Maintenance of accurate records in relation to administrative procedures
- Maintain and update CSSF Project Asset Register
- Maintain and update records relating to CSSF AKEU training delivery
Essential Qualifications and Experience
- Familiar with law enforcement processes
- Familiar with consular processes
- Good local and geographical knowledge of South/South area of Nigeria
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent organisational skills and ability to prioritise workload effectively.
- Good working knowledge of MS Outlook, Word and Excel
Desirable Qualifications and Experience
- Understanding of FCO procurement and financial processes.
- Making Effective Decisions, Collaborating and Partnering, Managing a Quality Service, Delivering at Pace
- Starting salary is N 521, 826
Other Benefits and Conditions of Employment:
- The successful candidate will need to show flexibility over working hours, as these will on occasion be unsociable.
- Willingness to be available when required seven days a week
- The candidate will also have to travel to other states in the region/country from time to time.
Application Closing Date
11th April, 2017.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Please complete the application form in full. Failure to do so may result in a determination that you do not meet the requirements for the position.
- Employees recruited locally by the British High Commission in Port Harcourt are subject to the Terms and Conditions of Service according to local employment law in Nigeria.
- All applicants must be legally able to work in the country of application with the correct visa/status or work permit.
- Employees who are not eligible to pay local income tax: e.g. certain third-country nationals and spouses/partners of UK diplomats will have their salaries abated by an equivalent amount.
- Reference and security clearances checks will be conducted.
- Any questions you may have about this position will be answered during the interview, should you be invited.
- Information about the Foreign and Commonwealth Office Competency Framework can be found on this link: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/civil-service-competency-framework
- Successful candidates not resident in Nigeria will be personally liable for costs and arrangements to relocate, including accommodation and work permits.
- Check your application and attachments before you submit your application, as you will not be able to make any changes once submitted.
- The British High Commission will never ask you to pay a fee or money to apply for a position.
- Project Management Specialist (Education) Job at USAID
- Head of Operations Job at Ascentech Services Limited
- Project Management Software Tutor Job at The Global Institute of Project Management (GIPM)
- Operations / Accounts Manager Recruitment at GBC Professional Services
- Lifting Specialist Job at SPIE Oil & Gas
- Interface Coordinator Job at Padua Petroleum Nigeria Limited
- Administrative and Operations Officer Recruitment at Management Systems International
- Fund Manager / Project Lead Recruitment at Management Sciences for Health (MSH)
- Project Director Job at ICAP Nigeria
- Programme Development Officer Job at COOPI - Cooperazione Internazionale