Research Consultant Job at Center for Civilians in Conflict
Center for Civilians in Conflict’s mission is to improve protection for civilians caught in conflicts around the world. We call on and advise international organizations, governments, militaries, and armed non-state actors to adopt and implement policies, tools, and training to prevent civilian harm. When civilians are harmed we advocate for the provision of amends and post-harm assistance. We bring the voices of civilians themselves to those making decisions affecting their lives.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Position: Research Consultant
Job Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Reporting & Supervision: The Research consultant will report technically to CIVIC’s researcher and have direct reporting lines to the Country Director or his/her designate
Contract Term: Consultancy
Duration: On need basis
- We are looking for short term pool of research consultants (roster) to provide short term assignments in Borno northeast Nigeria, to carry out relevant scientific research into key topics related to the conflict dynamics and impact on civilian protection in the northeast.
Scope of Work / Primary Responsibilities
Based on specific research needs, the consultant should:
- Plan Research Strategies
- Find and Collect Data
- Interpret and Analyze Data
- Write Research Reports
- Verify Data
- Present Research findings and develop relevant summary/policy briefs
Reporting & Supervision:
- The Research consultant will report technically to CIVIC’s researcher and have direct reporting lines to the Country Director or his/her designate.
- You will be responsible for collecting, analysing and presenting data in a variety of formats as specified in the specific contract terms for your engagement
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- Qualification Minimum M.Sc, but PhD desired
- Experience Minimum of 7 years
- Research skills
- Analytical thinking
- Team management
- Computer skills
- Communication skills
- Fluency in oral and written English is required. Fluency in Hausa, Kanuri and/or Shuwa-Arabic is highly essential.
- Ability to reside/travel frequently within the activity locations
- The duration for this activity will be on a need basis.
- LGAs to be identified within Borno State
- Investment Consultant Job at Oxford Gold Integrated International Limited
- HR Consultant
- Trainee Consultant Recruitment at Pierre Consulting
- Head of Research Job at Sankore Investments
- Research Analyst Job at Sankore Investments
- Head, Research & Product Development Job at Media Trust Limited
- Head, Strategy Job at Media Trust Limited
- Business Strategy and Marketing Manager Job at FleetPartners Leasing Limited
- REACH GIS Officer Job at ACTED