Research Manager Job at Kantar
Kantar is the world’s leading data, insights and consulting company. We understand more about how people think, feel, shop, share, vote and view than anyone else. Combining our expertise in human understanding with advanced technologies, Kantar’s 30,000 people help the world’s leading organisations succeed and grow.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Position: Research Manager
Ref ID: R022866
Job Location: Ikorodu, Lagos
Job type: Full time
Role Mission Statement:
- In an ever-competitive marketplace, understanding and unlocking shopper moments that drive brand conversion is an exciting and yet challenging endeavour.
- Your primary role as a Research Manager: Retail & Shopper would be to help influence shopper decisions in the moments that matter with the goal of driving sustainable growth for our clients.
- Our insights colleagues are experts in human understanding. With expertise covering brand, innovation, creative, media, commerce and customer experience, they help clients define what brands should stand for, how to disrupt and renew their offer, how to connect with audiences and how to win with consumers and customers.
- Accountable for achievement of annual targets and profitability.
- Strong proficiency in pricing for success and profit.
- Generate proposals for local and international projects.
- Accountable for overall quality of proposals/pitches.
- Proactively work with team to ensure process improvement to benefit of clients and the business.
- Obtain brief from client to ensure full understanding of the nature of the project.
- Manage and supervise research projects. This includes drawing up realistic timelines, completing all the necessary administrative procedures and liaises with service departments to ensure process is effectively executed.
- Develop and strengthen client –agency relationship.
- Ability to be a full consultant to client in terms of their category and brands.
- Service clients and interact independently with clients on an ongoing basis.
- Understand, control and monitor project transactions and costs and prepare costings for each project.
- Training and development of new staff and current team members.
- Help develop the research teams in terms of organizing trainings and motivating them in research environment.
- At least a HND / B.Sc or equivalent in Statistics, any of the sciences or management sciences
- Excellent knowledge of MS packages usage.
- Strong marketing (research) knowledge – at least 3 to 7years experience, at least 3 years in managing teams.
- Good communication and social skills, gravitas and authority with clients.
- A team builder – builds and maintains strong relationships with staff.
- Excellent client relationship development skills.
- Motivated to achieve business success.
- Fair but tough – happy to coach and identify under performers.
- Responsible for delivering business excellence.
- Responsible for developing senior staff by acting as a role model.
- Willing to work evenings/flexibly when required.
- Big picture thinking with Innovative and flexible approach.
- Baker / Pastry Chef
- Officer, IT & Communications at Leprosy and TB Relief Initiative Nigeria
- Research Advisor at Leprosy and TB Relief Initiative Nigeria
- Chemist Job at Menzon Nigeria Limited
- Product Support Analyst Job at Babban Gona
- Market Research Executive Job at a reputable company
- Monitoring & Evaluation Officer Job at Dinidari Foundation
- Monitoring and Evaluation Officer Recruitment at COOPI - Cooperazione Internazionale
- Monitoring and Evaluation Officer Job at Society for family health (SFH)
- REACH Research Manager Job at IMPACT Initiatives