Resources Management Officer at International Organization for Migration
The International Organization for Migration (IOM) - Established in 1951, IOM is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Position: Resources Management Officer
Job Location: Abuja
Classification: Professional Staff, Grade P2
Type of Appointment: Fixed term, One year with possibility of extension
Estimated Start Date: As soon as possible
- Under the direct supervision of the Resources Management Officer in Abuja, Nigeria, and the overall supervision by the Chief of Mission (COM), the successful candidate will be responsible and accountable for coordinating the financial and/or budgetary functions of the Mission.
Core Functions / Responsibilities
- Assist in monitoring the financial management for all activities in the Mission including the oversight of financial expenditure and accountability; undertake financial analysis of projects in the Mission, monitor budget control, follow up implementation of effective internal control, design and functioning of the financial resources management system.
- Provide support to project managers throughout the project cycle to ensure compliance with IOM’s policies and procedures and any donor specific requirements.
- Ensure that accounting data are properly entered in PRISM, in accordance with IOM financial rules and practices, maintain accurate records of PRISM entries including hard copies of all vouchers and supporting documentation.
- Assist in reviewing monthly accounting closure and returns to Panama for accuracy, ensure that these are submitted on timely manner and completed according to IOM Accounting Policies and Procedures.
- Assist in preparation of annual budget for the mission and budgets for all new programs.
- Inspect payroll versus budgets, ensuring that salaries are correctly allocated to projects consistent with IOM's projectization criteria.
- Coordinate the preparation of project financial reports in accordance with IOM and donor regulations and established procedures.
- Liaise with relevant units at HQs, Administrative Centres and Regional office with regard to the accounting and financial activities if the mission; provide inputs for reports on the financial situation of the mission and provide other information as required.
- Assist in forecasting cash flows according to the activities in the Mission and ensuring daily control of funds disbursed; verify that funding is received in accordance with donor agreements.
- Make recommendations on procedural improvements and assist in training staff in the areas of accounting and finance; and compliance to financial procedures. Facilitate and support knowledge building and sharing in finance/accounting and budget.
- Assist in facilitating financial audit of projects in accordance with the donor agreements.
- Perform other duties as may be assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- Master's degree in Accounting, Business Administration or a related field from an accredited academic institution with two years of relevant professional experience; or
- University degree in the above fields with four years of relevant professional experience.
- Professional certification as chartered accountant (CA) or certified public accountant (CPA), Chartered Institute of Management Accountants (CIMA), or Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA) will be a distinct advantage.
- Experience in finance, accounting, budgeting and business administration;
- Knowledge of IPSAS and PRISM;
- Ability to prepare clear and concise reports, supervise staff and coordinate administrative activities;
- High level of computer literacy, in particular experience in MS Excel and computerized accounting systems and software;
- Knowledge of IOM accounting systems, software and procedures;
- Previous working experience in emergency missions.
- Fluency in English is required.
- Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
- Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
- Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core Competencies - Behavioural Indicators Level 2:
- Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
- Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
- Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
- Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
- Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
Managerial Competencies - Behavioural Indicators Level 2:
- Leadership: provides a clear sense of direction, leads by example and demonstrates the ability to carry out the organization’s vision; assists others to realize and develop their potential.
- Empowering others & building trust: creates an atmosphere of trust and an enabling environment where staff can contribute their best and develop their potential.
- Strategic thinking and vision: works strategically to realize the Organization’s goals and communicates a clear strategic direction.
- Internationally recruited professional staff are required to be mobile.
- Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
- The list of NMS countries above includes all IOM Member States which are non-represented in the Professional Category of staff members. For this staff category, candidates who are nationals of the duty station’s country cannot be considered eligible.
- Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, accreditation, any residency or visa requirements, and security clearances.
- In order for an application to be considered valid, IOM only accepts online profiles duly completed.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. You can track the progress of your application on your personal application page in the IOM e-recruitment system.
- Job Opportunities at International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies
- New Job Openings at EnvironQuest Nigeria Limited
- Latest Job opportunities at FHI 360
- Executive Secretary
- Job Vacancies at The U.S Consulate General in Lagos and U.S. Embassy in Abuja
- Latest Job Opportunities at Women Friendly Initiative (WFI)
- Policy Support Lead Job at Gender Mobile Initiative
- Emergency Response Manager Job at Plan International
- Operations Manager (Office 3650) Job at Tek Experts
- Technical Support Engineer at Tek Experts