Safety and Security Manager Job at Action Against Hunger
Action Against Hunger is the world’s hunger specialist and leader in a global movement that aims to end life-threatening hunger for good within our lifetimes. For 40 years, the humanitarian and development organization has been on the front lines, treating and preventing hunger across nearly 50 countries. It served more than 21 million people in 2018 alone.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Position: Safety and Security Manager
Job Location: Maiduguri, Borno, Nigeria
Job Type: Full Time
- Action Against Hunger Nigeria Mission is looking for a Safety and Security Manager to join our team in our Maiduguri office. The Safety and Security Manager is the focal point for all security-relevant information within Bases of Action Against Hunger (AAH) in Maiduguri
- The Safety and Security Manager will ensure that AAH staff, and operations in all areas covered, apply the AAH Mandate, Charter and Code of Conduct to ensure the safeguarding of the reputation of the organization as well as safety and security operational policies, procedures and regulations.
- Participate in internal and external meeting at the local/regional level to humanitarian and government representatives on related safety and security protocols and needs.
- Liaison with safety and security providers including Government, local communities and security forces;
- Maintenance of a state-wide network to influential actors and communication of AAHs status and mission in Nigeria;
- Support and advice of programs in the field regarding safety and security information on a daily basis;
- Assist Area Co in analysis, identification, quantification and, mitigation of assessed risks;
- Keep updated incident database and generate necessary analysis and reports for operations advice;
- Provide technical support to the security guards and ensure safety and security standards are in put in place for all ACF facilities including vehicles;
- In coordination with Area Co, brief all staff on security and context changes as needed at base levels.
- University Degree or equivalent experience in the NGO sector;
- Minimum of three (3) years of progressively responsible experience in the commercial Safety and Security business is required;
- Fluent Speaking/Reading/Writing in English and Hausa/Kanuri languages is required. Language Proficiency will be tested;
- Thorough knowledge of security operations is essential;
- Ability to work structured and independently and write short coherent reports on topics of security relevance;
- Existing network to influential actors in Jigawa, Yobe and Borno state (e.g. on security, political, social, cultural, religious level).
- Capacity to be adaptable and flexible with the ability to work in a team of diverse culture.
Minimum Basic salary: 424,310 NGN per month
Note: Qualified women are strongly encourged to apply
- Security Guard Job at Headstone Security Company Limited
- Current Recruitment at Stratford Integrated Logistics Limited
- Logistics Assistant - Fleet & Maintenance Job at Premiere Urgence Internationale (PUI)
- Job Openings at Eko Maintenance Limited
- Beta Guards Security Limited Recruitment for an Assistant Security Officer
- Current Job Openings at Avant Halogen
- Security Operative Job at SUN METAL INDUSTRIES LIMITED
- Male and Female Security Officer Job at Doluq Security
- Ongoing Recruitment at Wema Bank Plc
- QHSE Officer Job at Olman Business Solutions (OBS) Limited