Security Assistant Job at British American Tobacco
British American Tobacco is all about freedom of choice - whether it’s our people or our products. Combined with our entrepreneurial spirit, it’s what’s driven our phenomenal success. We started trading tobacco over a hundred years ago. Today, we’re a multibillion dollar company with more than 200 brands in our portfolio. With robust positions in each of our regional markets, our future looks equally bright too.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Position: Security Assistant - Northern and Middle Belt Area
Job Number: 27866
Job Location: Kano
Function: Legal & External Affairs
Level: Experienced Professional
Appointment Type: Permanent
- We are looking to hire a Security Assistant to join our team in Kano, Nigeria
- Identify key business risks in the company commercial operating environment while ensuring that measures are put in place to mitigate such risks
- Gathers intelligence from various sources, analyzing and cascading to the business for swift decision making
- Carry out and manage company investigation and timely reporting on matters such as RTAs (Road Traffic Accidents), security breach and other incidents reported within operating environment.
- Liaise with relevant government security agencies and institutions to optimally harness information gathering
- Collaborates with Marketing to ensure all activations, events and programmes are carried out in a secured environment and safely
- Monitor and report on the political and socio-economic situation of the country always and provide accurate and concise information to guide and guard marketing field force across Nigeria
- Collate data on threats, risks and other info as may be required by the Commercial Security Manager for month-end reports
- OTIF (On Time in Full) investigation and reporting of any RTAs or Incidents to the Commercial Security Manager
- Carry out Risk Assessment (SSAVA - Site Security and Vulnerability Assessment) of offices, warehouses, residences, RTM (Route to Market) and as may be required by the organization.
- Contributes to the SRM (Security Risk Matrix) and risk register updates
- Contributes to the BCM (Business Continuity Management) implementation for North and MB (Middle Belt) regions
- Be the local interface of Fleet regarding the proper use of tools of trade.
- At least 3 years of professional experience within security field, preferably in an FMCG company
- Strong market knowledge of Northern and Middle Belt areas in Nigeria
- Full proficiency in Hausa Language
- Bachelor's Degree
- Any security certification, such as CPP, would be an added advantage
- Strong reporting and documentation skills
- Sound knowledge of Microsoft Office Package
- Availability to travel across Northern and Middle Belt Areas, at least 40% of the time
- Valid driver’s license.
- Security Patrol Personnel Job at HCD RoyalConnect Limited
- Security Operative Job at KWAD Security Services Limited
- Security Assistant Job at British American Tobacco (BAT)
- Security Officer Job at Benakas Integrated Services
- Security Guard Job at Apata and Ascott Limited
- Security Personnel Job at Sevan Construction Nigeria Limited
- Security Officer Job at Caronik Security
- Security Guard Job at Fortune Security Company Limited
- Security Assistant Job at Redline Logistics Nigeria Limited
- Security Operative Job at Prosecsafe Solutions Nigeria Limited