Senior Administrative Officer at International Rescue Committee
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, the IRC offers lifesaving care and life-changing assistance to people affected by war or disaster. At work today in over 40 countries and 22 U.S. cities, we restore safety, dignity and hope to millions who are uprooted and struggling to endure. The IRC leads the way from harm to home.
We are recruiting to fill the position below
Job Position: Senior Administrative Officer
Job Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Scope Of Work
- The Senior Admin Officer is responsible for ensuring efficient and effective management and planning of administrative functions for the Nigeria program based in Maiduguri, Nigeria.
- He/she is also responsible for maintaining and increasing the performance quality of the Admin team and ensuring stakeholder satisfaction by exercising service-oriented practices.
- Oversee administrative support services and provide general administration assistance e.g. setting appointments, scheduling meetings, event management.
- Support the planning and organization of conferences, meetings and workshops
- Utilize Master Purchase Agreements (MPAs) and Master Service Agreements (MSAs) established by supply chain.
- Establish and manage inventory control for communal office supplies, stationery and other admin consumables; distribute items on request through a formal requisition process; assess and monitor consumption to avoid waste and losses.
- Utilize lease agreement for IRC’s Office and guesthouses in all states.
- Take active part in the budgeting and financial planning for all administrative expenses;
- Supervise and support staff directly involved in the management and administration of guesthouses.
Key Working Relationships
- Position Reports to: HR Coordinator
- Position directly supervises: Admin Officers and Assistants
- Indirect Reporting: none
- Other Internal and/or external contacts.
- Internal: IRC Nigeria Staff
- External: none
- Bachelor degree in relevant field
- Work Experience: Approximately 3 years of relevant experience
- Demonstrated Skills and Competencies:
- Professional HR & Administration experience preferably with an INGO.
- Strong sense of personal integrity.
- Attention to details.
- Additional qualities: ability to multitask, ability to handle pressure well, ability to improvise, flexibility, cultural and environmental sensitivity.
- Team work skills.
- Language: English must
- Security level orange. The situation in Maiduguri, Borno remains unpredictable; there is active conflict in many parts of the country and a possibility for further expansion of the conflict and violence into other areas and other states.
- Competitive Monthly salary,
- 13th Month Salary Inclusive,
- Health Insurance Coverage for Family, Pension, Creche Facilities available for Women with babies under 24 Months.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV's and Cover Letter to: IRCNigeria.Recruitment@rescue.org address it to: Human Resources Coordinator, International Rescue Committee
- Subject of the application should read: "Senior Administrative Officer, Maiduguri"
- All applications should be submitted online.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be communicated for Interview.
- IRC is an Equal Opportunity Employer IRC considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability.