Senior Finance & Administrative Officer Job at FHI 360
FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in health, education, nutrition, environment, economic development, civil society, gender, youth, research and technology - creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today's interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 70 countries and all U.S. states and territories.
We are currently seeking qualified candidates for the position below:
Job Position: Senior Finance & Administrative Officer
Job Location: Abuja
Job type: Full time
Supervisor: Senior Finance Manager
- This position will report to the Senior Finance Manager and will be responsible for accounting and finance records for the Principal Recipient (PR) and ensure compliance with the contractual requirements of Nigeria’s programs/projects with the objective of providing professional accountancy services consistent with generally accepted accounting principles.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide main support with problem resolution on CO cash accounts, bank resolutions, finance systems, resolution of audited questioned costs, and financial close outs at the Principal Recipient (PR) and Sub-Recipients (SRs) records with the PR.
- Ensure the accurate keeping of all books of account for the grant in the PR’s accounting system including checking account, equipment and supply registers and all accounting records.
- Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual financial reports, including financial status of subprojects account activities. Ensure timely and accurate month-end accounts book close.
- Support in oversee contractual issues for the SRs and Zonal Offices.
- Ensure continuous flow of funds Country Office (CO) and to sub-recipients.
- Provide support to and coordinate the FHI/Nigeria activities within Global Fund and other donor guidelines and regulations.
- Conduct periodic Sub-Recipients/Zonal/States transactions validations and reconcile their financial report. Ensure timely conclusion of monthly Sub-Awardees Financial Report (SFR).
- With relevant parties from programs, finance and contracts and grants, develop subproject documents, work plans and budgets.
- Oversee capacity building activities and other support to local implementing agencies (IAs) in the zonal offices (ZO).
- Keep proper office records and maintain good filings system for all grant financial documents as appropriate.
- Play backstopping role to assigned SR/ZO and provide them needed TA and oversight.
- Support the Senior Finance Manager in budget preparation, reprogramming, monitoring, analysis and reporting.
- Prepare periodic grant budget performance analysis and forecast for use during review meetings etc.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Requirements
- BS/BA in Accounting, Finance and Business Administration or its recognized equivalent, and 5 – 7 years relevant experience.
- Or MS/MA degree in Accounting, Finance and Business Administration or its recognized equivalent, and 3 – 5 years relevant experience.
- Minimum of 3 years supervisory experience in office management and administration.
- CPA, ACA, ICAN, CIMA, CFE or any other relevant professional qualification is required.
- Experience in managing financial records of donor-funded organizations, and familiarity with donor and local contractual procedures is an advantage.
Knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Knowledge of local and donor contractual requirements and regulations (including Global Fund)
- Knowledge of generally accepted accounting, budgeting and fiscal control theory and practices.
- Budget development skills with multi funding sources and general ledger skills. Also, budget monitoring and analysis skills.
- Relevant software skills to include automated accounting software and database spreadsheets and Management Information Systems.
- Ability to work with others and to develop and maintain compatibility among project staff, subcontractors, and recipients of assistance.
- Report on variances and status on regular basis.
- Work independently with initiative to manage high volume work flow.
- Routine coordination with FHI employees and consultants, on-site and in the field.
- Demonstrated analytical skills in the interpretation of budgetary, financial and related management information.
- Must have report writing skills and be able to communicate with impact.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to prioritize and handle pressure situations.
- Handle financial and quantitative information with accuracy and precision; resourceful in gathering, verifying and analyzing financial data.
- Must exhibit high levels of professionalism, integrity and ethical values at all times.
- Time management skills, both in planning and organizing work to meet deadlines.
- Ability to effectively communicate financial and internal control issues to staff with little or no financial background.
- Ability to travel a minimum of 25%.
The following is a summary of fringe benefits provided by FHI 360 to eligible employees:
- Comprehensive medical plans (PPOs)
- Dental insurance
- Vision coverage
- Group life and AD&D insurance
- Health savings account
- Long-term disability
- Medical and dependent care flexible spending accounts (FSAs)
- Dependent life insurance
- Business travel insurance
- Supplemental personal accident insurance
- Supplemental disability
- Life insurance
- Paid vacation, sick and parental leave
- 403(b) retirement plan
- Pension plan
Other benefits (will vary depending on work location):
- Public transportation program
- On-site fitness center
- Local credit union membership
- Health and wellness program
- Employee assistance program
- Qualified tuition programs (529 plans)
- Bicycle subsidy
- Legal assistance plan
- Pet insurance.
Note: This job description summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time
- Admin / Procurement Officer Recruitment at Management Sciences for Health (MSH)
- Office Assistant Job at Management Sciences for Health (MSH)
- Administrative Executive Job at Pivota Foods Limited
- Head of School (Preferably Female) Job at Silverwood School
- Executive Assistant to CEO at Avant Halogen
- Administrator - Social Work Job at Crystal Oilfield Services Limited
- Front Desk Officer Job at Tempkers
- Front Desk Officer Job at Redwire Marketing Group
- Human Resource and Administrative Assistant Job at Care International
- Legal Officer / Executive Assistant to CEO Recruitment at Avant Halogen