Senior IT System Administrator
Swift Network is a Telecommunications company located in 5000 Whitestone Ln, Plano, Texas, United States. Our company is an Indigenous Internet Service Provider Company with outlets spread all over Lagos State. Our core services are the provision of high speed internet services, telephony and IP – VPN services to both residential and enterprise subscribers.
We are recruiting to fill the vacant position below:
Job Position: Senior IT System Administrator
Job Location: Nigeria
- This is a senior position that requires an experienced engineer with a minimum of 4+â€‹ years of system engineering and administration of a corporate IT infrastructure.
- Planning, designing and implementation of a corporate hardware and software IT infrastructure: LAN Networking, Physical and Virtual Servers, SAN Storage and connectivity, Laptops and Desktops, Enterprise Applications.
- Provide after-hours and weekend supports when required.
- All other assignments requested by management.
- Responsible for the core infrastructure: VMware ESX, DNS, DHCP, Active Directory, SQL Databases, Email, Antivirus, Backup and Restoration, VoIP, Cloud integration. Linux/Unix management a plus.
- Be proactive in enterprise information security for all IT infrastructure.
- Proactively monitoring and planning to maintain an excellent uptime as defined by the business on all IT infrastructure. Resolve technical problems quickly with the least impact to the smooth running of the business. Performing root cause analysis on issues and providing recommendations on permanent fixes to prevent reoccurrence.
- Ensure effective change control is implemented for all changes and updates. Accessing and documenting any risks and impacts to the business and escalating to management accordingly.
- Managing an excellent business relationship with internal and external stakeholders
- Bachelor’s degree in science or engineering with a minimum of 2:1 grade.
- Relevant industry certifications is a definite advantage.
- Excellent written and oral communications skills are essential.â€‹
- Have a positive and proactive attitude in general.
- A minimum 4 years of relevant experience required in a mid to large sized environment.
- Experienced, mature, and confident enough to take responsibility and ownership of the smooth running of the environment in the areas of responsibility as an individual and as part of a team.
Preferred certifications (one or more):
- Cyber Security Certification
- Other relevant industry certifications
- VMware Certified Professional
- Gulf Treasures Limited Recruitment for an IT Support Assistant
- Skyedge Nigeria Limited Recruitment for an IT Officer
- IT Manager Job at a reputable company
- Information and Communications Technology (ICT) Officer Recruitment at PricewaterhouseCooper (PwC)
- Computer System Analyst Recruitment at Rehoboth Palace Nigeria Company
- IT Support Specialist Job at Willers Solutions Limited
- I.T Administrative Officer (Female) Job at Primera Food Nigeria Limited
- Primera Food Nigeria Limited Recruitment for IT Administrative Officer (Female)
- Computer Technician/Operator Job at RDK Consulting Services
- Graduate IT Support Officer Job at Paykobo