Software Developer Job at eHealth4everyone Limited
eHealth Africa designs and implements data-driven solutions and technologies to improve health systems for and with local communities. eHA’s technology works in low connectivity settings and uses data to drive decision-making by local governments and partner agencies to get optimum results.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Position: Software Developer
Job Location: Kano, Kano
Department: Software & Solutions Development
Employment Type: Full-Time National Employee
Keywords: Java, Kotlin, Android, Git, Docker
Purpose of the Position
- The Software Developer will be responsible for developing and supporting the architecture, infrastructure and software applications for the eHA.
- This technical position involves using established agile methodologies to analyze, design, develop, implement, maintain, re-engineer and troubleshoot applications.
- S/he will work closely with the other Software team members to prepare communications, coordinate meetings, and training sessions.
What You’ll do
- Provide program and project support to the Health Informatics Manager and the Development management team.
- Design and develop software applications as required by the organization and its donors.
- Troubleshoot and resolve issues in existing software applications
- Analyze and study complex systems requirements. Prepare design documentation.
- Understand how data flows within various systems to provide input on requirements for databases to ensure data is organized properly for reporting and analytics.
- Prepare training manuals for users to ensure application ease of use.
- Works daily with a team of self-organized, cross-functional, talented developers to design, build and implement systems and software for a network of primary health clinics and research laboratories.
- Works with a collaborative software development team and end-users to implement system functionality and new features based on user requirements, use cases, prioritized project needs and/or stakeholder direction.
- Collaborates with product owners, and other software developers to plan, design, develop, test, and maintain both web-& mobile-based applications
- Assists in the estimation and assessment of the feasibility of solutions.
- Participates in the evolution of company-level software best practices, standards, and policies
- Grows valuable skills in software interoperability, architecture, medical device integration, and component-based software design.
- Contribute toward the continuous improvement of project management methodology utilized within the Development team.
- Miscellaneous projects and duties as assigned to support the management team
Who You Are
- Bachelor's degree from college or university in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Systems Technology or related field. A postgraduate degree is desirable.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in Software Development or an equivalent of education and experience.
- Well familiar with the whole software development life cycle (e.g. requirements, analysis, design, implementation, testing, and documentation) and execution models (e.g. Waterfall, Scrum, Agile, etc.).
- Strong understanding of Java or Kotlin, and Android development..
- Understanding of accessibility and security compliance.
- Knowledge of user authentication and authorization between multiple systems and environments.
- Understanding of fundamental design principles behind a scalable application.
- Understanding of the differences between multiple delivery platforms, such as mobile vs desktop, and optimizing output to match the specific platform.
- Strong unit test and debugging skills as well as a proficient understanding of code versioning tools (Git).
- Experience in creation and review of software and architecture designs.
- Fluent in English.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate but can become louder at times due to group discussions or activities. eHA is a tobacco-free environment.
Impact & Quality:
- We work on solving big problems. We believe in the power of technology to make a transformational difference in health systems, and we know that when we do high-quality work, we have the opportunity to change lives in the communities we impact.
- We maintain a worldview driven by possibilities, not limitations. We build smart systems that will sustain beyond our tenures. We challenge prevailing assumptions, respect the urgency of the environments we operate in and take smart risks to search for the best solution.
- We care intensely about what we do, and about whom we do it with. We inspire others with our tenacity and commitment to our communities and each other.
- We are honest with our communities, our partners, our donors, and ourselves. We communicate with candor, respect, and humility. We are quick to admit our own mistakes, and work to correct them with openness & expediency.
Growth & Learning:
- We embrace curiosity. We pursue and promote continuous learning, share our skills and knowledge, and actively work to make ourselves and those around us better.
- We work to become part of the fabric of the communities in which we work. We value our seat at the table and invest in the places we call home.
Note: Above all - We believe strongly in our mission and our core values and our teams are most successful when they do also.
- Graphics Designer Job at Bazuze
- Java Developer Job at Tezza Business Solutions Limited
- Network Engineer Job at Edojobs
- Volunteer Job at SHIFT
- Computer Programmer Job at Edojobs
- Software Developer Job at Zanibal
- Full Stack PHP Developer Job at Buffer Media
- Freelance Web/Mobile App Developer Job at ZOCODE Limited
- Mobile App Developer Job at Gatatransport Limited
- Full Stack Developer (Intern) Recruitment at vasiti.com