State Coordinator Job at Jhpiego
Jhpiego, an Affiliate of Johns Hopkins University is a global leader in improving healthcare services for women and their families. The Government of Nigeria’s Rural Access and Mobility Project (RAAMP) has awarded Jhpiego, a World Bank-funded contract to implement a mapping of Gender-Based Violence (GBV) services in the states of Akwa-Ibom, Bauchi and Ogun.
We are currently recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Position: State Coordinator
Job Locations: Akwa Ibom, Bauchi and Ogun
Reports to: Project Director
Duration: 30 Working Days (Between July-September, 2019)
- The overarching RAAMP project is aimed at rehabilitating rural roads and river crossings throughout these three states
- The World Bank and Government of Nigeria recognize that the influx of construction workers into already-destabilized communities within these states exacerbates the risk of GBV, in both public and private places, by increasing trafficking, sex work and forced marriage, Hence, the goal of the GBV services assessment and mapping is to minimize and mitigate the potential risks of GBV that may arise during implementation of the RAAMP project.
- To this end, Jhpiego will profile the range of existing GBV services, as well as potential barriers to care, to improve availability and coordination of GBV services In the targeted states
- The technical assistance provided to RAAMP by Jhpiego also includes improving the referral system and developing a forum for sharing information.
- In order to effectively undertake the above tasks, Jhpiego seeks to hire qualified and experienced professional to carry out the under-listed short term consultancy services.
- The State Coordinators will serve as liaison contacts between the state and Jhpiego study team to oversee all activities pertaining to the GBV assessment and mapping exercise for the state of assignment
- The Coordinators will provide key support for the day to day management of all data collectors In the State during the period of assignment.
- Lead advocacy planning and visits within the state of assignment
- Organize required logistics for data collection
- Oversee activities of data collectors during data collection, support adherence to standard operating procedures in data collection, verification and quality improvement
- Provide supportive supervision during data collection
- Participate in data analysis and report writing workshops
- Provide on-going updates and reports to the Project Director on status of. data collection, successes and challenges, and recommendations for overcoming them.
- Minimum of a B.Sc in Social Sciences or its equivalent
- Minimum of 5 years experience in managing research activities involving qualitative/quantitative data collection
- Strong leadership, management and administrative skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and communication skills, initiative, patience and problem-solving abilities, diplomacy and good judgment
- Good time management skills and ability to work under pressure with little or no supervision
- Excellent report writing skills in English
- Familiarity with gender and gender-based violence programming is desirable and will be an added advantage
- Must have good working knowledge of the State and LGAs.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Application Letter and a CV as a SINGLE WORD document indicating preferred location to: email@example.com The title/subject of your email and application should be the position / Location you are applying for.
- Candidates who do not comply with the application instruction will be disqualified.
- Only shortlisted candidates will receive an invitation for an interview
- Any successful candidate will be subject to a pre-employment background investigation.
- Head of Operations Job at SUNMEG Nigeria ENT
- Project Officer Job at Catholic relief services
- Project Engineer Recruitment at Aeti Power Systems and Controls Limited
- Operation Officer Job at Vitotek Systems Limited
- Manager, Corporate Communication & Programs Job at a reputable Business Membership Organisation (BMO)
- Project Manager Job at Okapi
- Project Supervisor Job at Plusworld Roofing Limited
- Technical Officer - Monitoring & Evaluation Job at Achieving Health Nigeria Initiative (AHNi)
- Operations Officer Job at Sales Force Consulting
- Key Account Manager Job at Novartis Pharma Services