Storekeeper Job at Alliance for International Medical Action
The Alliance for International Medical Action (ALIMA) is an independent humanitarian medical NGO that was created in 2009 by professionals of humanitarian medicine. ALIMA’s mission is to provide medical care in emergency situations or medical catastrophes.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Position: Storekeeper
Job Location: Abuja
Project: Abuja Coordination
Line Manager: Logistics Supervisor
ALIMA in Nigeria
- The humanitarian crisis in Nigeria’s northeast and the Lake Chad region is one of the most severe ongoing crises in the world, now entering in its ninth year and shows no sign of abating.
- In 2021, at least 8.7 million people are in need of urgent humanitarian assistance in the worst affected states of Borno, Adamawa and Yobe. Up to 5
- Nigeria is now facing a second wave of COVID-19 infections. Borno, Adamawa, Yobe states have recorded new cases. Aid actors are intensifying actions and prevention measures
- Despite challenges including humanitarian space reduction, aid workers had already provided around 5 million people with life-saving assistance in Borno, Adamawa and Yobe states in 2020.
- Conflict, explosive remnants of war and insecurity have cut people off from their main means of livelihoods-farming and fishing. This causes major food insecurity in north-east Nigeria, which COVID-19’s effects on incomes have exacerbated: despite good crop yields, food insecurity is rising.
- Findings of the October 2020 Cadre Harmonize (CH) analysis projected that about 5.1 million people in the three states will be food-insecure in the lean season between June and August 2021 – a 19% and 34% increase on the 2020 (after COVID-19 June CH Update) and 2019 figures respectively. According to the Nutrition and Food Security Surveillance Round 9, conducted in October 2020, the level of acute malnutrition increased in all the three states compared to 2019. Global acute malnutrition (GAM) rates of 10.7% were recorded in Borno, 7.5% in Adamawa and 13.6% in Yobe.
- According to the survey, several LGAs had high pockets of global acute malnutrition of above the 15% threshold (emergency phase), including Gubio, Magumeri, Mobbar and Bayo in Borno State and all LGAs in northern Yobe.
- Movement restrictions and insecurity continue to hamper the ability of IDPs, returnees and the host communities to access basic services, livelihoods, and land for farming and grazing. This means that more people will rely on humanitarian aid to survive in 2021.
- In 2017, ALIMA continued to implement projects in Muna Garage in Jere LGA, where ALIMA performs general consultations for children under 5 and provides Sexual and Reproductive Health (SRH) to pregnant and lactating women (antenatal and postnatal consultations).
- An Outpatient Therapeutic Feeding Program (OTP) is also available for children under 5 suffering from severe acute malnutrition (SAM) in the clinic, where women and caretakers are trained to screen their children for malnutrition using the MUAC tape.
- In Maiduguri MC, where ALIMA is working in partnership with the University of Maiduguri Teaching Hospital (UMTH), the Inpatient Therapeutic Feeding Center (ITFC) manages children under 5 suffering from SAM with medical complications in a 50-bed capacity building.
- In December 2020, ALIMA conducted a needs assessment survey in the north of Yobe where a high level of acute malnutrition was recorded by nutrition sector. The results of this survey prompted ALIMA to open a nutrition and health project covering the Kasasuwa LGA, one of the most affected LGAs and where there was a gap.
- This project started in May 2021 and fund by ECHO aim to support Karasuwa health facilities and improve access to nutrition and health services including pediatrics healthcare and reproductive health.
- ALIMA also support COVID-19 vaccination in Borno and Yobe with focus on most vulnerable. In parallel, ALIMA is opening an emergency nutrition project in Katsina state and is present is Owo state since 2018 for Lassa fever response and research.
Mission and Main Activities
- Assist the Logistics / Purchaser with stock management (receipt, storage, and issuance to projects or other departments of medical supplies, food items, spare parts, tools, equipment and other logistics materials), according to the line managers instructions and ALIMA standards, in order to ensure the overall functioning of ALIMA activities in the field
Function & Responsibilities
- Receiving items and materials, including their inspection and certification against the cargo manifest, check packaging and cases and inform the line manager of any problems (missing or damaged goods, etc.).
- Immediately after reception of goods, update stock cards and/or create stock cards for all stock items.
- Storing the various commodities in the most appropriate fashion - placing them in such a way that items or materials stored can be located quickly and easily when required.
- Ensuring the safety of all items and materials whilst in the stores, i.e. protecting them from theft, damage and deterioration.
- Ensuring that stock is issued in the correct order/sequence i.e. "first-in-first out" so that older stock is not allowed to deteriorate by being kept too long in the stores.
- Maintaining records showing the movement of items into and out of the stores, controlling and monitoring those movements and maintaining records of the items in the stores.
- In conjunction with the line manager, perform physical stock counts by checking, counting or otherwise measuring stock to ensure that records are accurate and that no losses are occurring due to pilfering, theft, damage or poor storage.
- Immediately inform the line manager of any problems arising in the course of the work, particularly with regard to damage, loss, attempted break-ins or theft in the warehouse
- Pack (according to transport means), weigh and label freight (destination, number of shipping units, way bill number, weight and mode of transport) and assign a shipping number to each package, in accordance with the line manager’s instructions.
- Assist the line manager with preparation of the stock report.
- Responsible for monitoring the store temperature and ensure Cold Chain items are stored in an adequate temperature.
- Implementation of prevention measures against abuse of power, gender-based and sexual violence:
- Ensures that his/her team, partners and community members are aware of ALIMA's policy and have access to information (complaint escalation mechanism, focal point).
- Facilitates the organization of training and awareness sessions
- Implements standards related to the prevention of abuse of power, gender-based violence and sexual violence.
- Ensures that team members and partners involved in the project (Ministry of Health, national partners, etc.) follow training and awareness sessions and apply the rules for preventing abuse.
- Contributes to creating and maintaining a nurturing and protective environment for his/her team, community members and project partners.
You meet the following qualifications:
Literacy essential, Diploma / Certificate in warehouse management or related studies.
Previous experience as storekeeper desirable.
- Local language essential. Mission language desirable.
- Essential basic mathematics and use of measuring equipment.
- Desirable computer literacy (word, excel)
- Desirable ability to do basic repairs.
- Stress Management.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Cover Letter, CV with a coloured picture, qualifications with contact details all in the same file to: email@example.com using the Job position as the subject of the mail.
- Applications are processed in the order of arrival and we reserve the right to close the offer before the term initially indicated if a good application is successful.
- Only full applications will be taken into account.
- Only accepted applications will be contacted.
- Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Only successful applicants will be called for interview.
- No monetary transactions, neither demands of favours in kind, nor other types of favouritism will be tolerated in the recruitment process.
- Inventory Officer Job at Owens and Xley Consults
- Supply Chain Manager Job at Aldelia Nigeria
- Storekeeper Job at Ascentech Services Limited
- Warehouse Officer Job at Sonia Foods Industries Limited
- Inventory Officer Job at Myrtle Management Consultants
- Storekeeper Job at Design Union Limited
- Storekeeper Recuitment at Focal Points Ventures
- Supply Chain Officer Recruitment at Malaria Consortium
- Job Vacancies at Mente Rica Global
- Job Openings at Terre Des Hommes