Support Services Manager Job at Sightsavers
Sightsavers is an international organisation that changes lives for the long term. We work in more than 30 countries to eliminate avoidable blindness and support people with visual impairments to live independently.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Position: Support Services Manager
Job Location: Kaduna
Reports to: Country Director
Responsible for: Admin Officers
Department: Finance and Performance
Job Purpose (The Overall Purpose and Function of the Job)
- This role of Support Services Manager was set up to meet the increasing management/administrative responsibilities following the programme and staff growth in the Nigeria Country Office.
- This person will generally coordinate and supervise internal and external administrative/management operations for the Nigeria Country Office and provide strategic leadership in the compliance and delivery of organisational administrative policies including human resource and general office management.
- The Support Services Manager will be responsible for the effective day-to-day management of the NCO and ensuring adherence to management/administrative policies and procedures.
- Ensure that staff and partners comply with Sightsavers policies on IT, work with HR in HQ to deliver on all HR issues in Nigeria and ensuring that Sightsavers meets all government regulatory requirements in Nigeria.
Key Accountabilities (Specific Activities and Results)
General Office Management (40% of time):
- Leads in organising various office events (meetings, seminars, plenaries, workshops, Away-Days etc) and travel arrangement for staff.
- Monitoring of office deadlines and schedules.
- Prepare Annual work plans for staff and prompt reminders for events
- Serve the liaison and ensure organisational compliance to government regulations and standards
- Ensures all Service Level Agreements with landlords, security companies, IT Consultants
- Providing any specific administrative support required by the country director
- Undertake any other duties that may be assigned by the CD
- Work with Country Safety and Security Officer (in conjunction with the CD) on safety and security matters
Support HR Management (30% of time):
- Provide effective leadership for support staff to perform their assigned roles and responsibilities effectively
- Oversee annual performance review for all staff
- Identify training needs for support staff and organise as required
- Ensure approval process for staff benefits, entitlements and contracts renewals are complied with.
- Ensure documentation of all staff records in- country
- Support and facilitate recruitment process in NCO
Logistics and other support services (30% of time):
- Supervises the administrative officers for effective delivery of their responsibilities
- Support disposal of organisational assets and transfer of ownership
- Work with the Admin Officers and support logistics for global events and for visitors in and out of the country
- Work closely with the Admin Officers and ensure compliance to organisations IT policy.
The principles of accountability are not meant to be an exhaustive list of tasks. The need for flexibility is required and the jobholder is expected to carry out any other related duties that are within the employee's skills and abilities whenever reasonably instructed.
Job holder Entry Requirements - the Essential Knowledge, Skills and Behaviours Required
Knowledge (Education & Related Experience):
- University degree/ tertiary qualification (or similar) in Management Administration/Human Resource/Secretary Ship/ or equivalent professional qualification from a recognised Tertiary institution and at extensive working experience in a similar position in an administrative and/or financial environment of a reputable development organisation. A Postgraduate degree (or equivalent) will be an added advantage.
Skills (Special Training or Competence):
- Planning & organising: - prioritising activities and developing simple but realistic plans to achieve them.
- Manage time and resources well and demonstrates good organizational and leadership ability with strong interpersonal skills
- Multi-tasking: Ability to do different things at the same time
- IT Skills: knowledge in the use of MS Word, Excel
- Written and Spoken Communication: tendency to express information and ideas clearly and in a manner that is appropriate, concise and accurate.
- Tenacity: tendency to persevere with objectives until they are accomplished
- Ability to prioritise important matters and act on them accordingly
- Ability to resolve conflicts and manage grievances
- Attention to Detail: Tendency to assimilate and handle the detail of a wide range of organisational, financial and administrative issues for the smooth running of the country office.
- Monitoring Skills: Strong preference for creating systems to self-monitor progress on a particular task or project.
- Resilience: Approaches objectives positively and managing requirements of multiple stakeholders.
- Networking and influencing both within and outside the organisation
- Change and improvement – consistently strives to achieve high standards of performance. Responds positively to change by adapting own behaviour/approach.
- Communicating and influencing – Understand how role contributes to the organisation vision. Communicates confidently and effectively with colleagues and partners
- Decision making – Gather relevant information and uses effective reasoning to make timely decisions.
- Planning and organisation – Prioritise activities and develops plans to achieve them, monitoring own progress. Analyses and organises routine data on a regular basis.
- Delivery and implementation – Gets things done, can be relied upon to do what is expected to achieving good quality work to agreed standards.
- Team working - Understand how others work impacts. Knows about other parts of the organisation and contributes positively to a global team.
- Country Director
- HR HH
- Finance Manager
- Compliance and Risk Manager
- Programme staff
- IT Department HH
- Project partners - Government and NGDOs
- Hotels and Airlines/Ticketing agencies
- Service Delivery Organisations
- Financial institutions - Banks, Insurance companies and Inland Revenue Services
- Consultants and contractors
- West Africa Postgraduate Medical College Lagos
Week commencing 9th September, 2019
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should download the "Application Form and Equal Opportunities Form" by clicking the link below and return as two separate documents to: email@example.com using the "Job title" as the subject of the email.
Click here to Download Application Form (Ms Word)
Click here to Download Equal Opportunities Form (Ms Word)
Click here for more information
- WELLSTOCKED NIGERIA LIMITED Recruitment for Male Experienced Confidential Secretary
- Receptionist Job at Argon Plus Security Technologies Limited
- Admin Coordinator Job at Bedmate Furniture Nigeria
- Administrative Officer Job at Dewnorthresources
- Ongoing Recruitment at ECOWAS, September 2019
- Office Administrator Job at Vesta Healthcare
- Front Desk Officer Job at OMSA Integrated Services Limited
- Front Desk Officer Job at Okazi Finance Limited
- Administrative Assistant Job at Adebola Sobanjo Company Limited
- Administrative Officer Job at Pharma Ethics Ltd