Tax Analyst Job at Mondelez International LLC
Mondelez International LLC is a whole new company that has been re-imagined with a single focus in mind: create delicious moments of joy by sharing the world’s favorite brands. Launched on Oct. 1, 2012, and employing around 100,000 people around the world, Mondelez International comprises the global snacking and food brands of the former Kraft Foods Inc.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Position: Tax Analyst
Job Number: 1910285
Job Location: Lagos
Job: Accounting & External Reporting
- The position will be multi-disciplinary and focus on assisting with federal and state income taxes
- The position will serve multiple managers and/or other more senior professional staff members within the finance department
- The position will require interaction with the financial reporting group as well as other business groups within the company and will report directly to a Tax Manager.
Other duties include:
- Providing support in respect of Federal and State tax audits.
- Retrieving and collating preliminary information/ documents in preparation for tax audits and/or response to queries from the tax authorities
- Following up with the Federal and State tax authorities to obtain the Company and employee’s tax clearance certificates respectively
- Assisting with reconciliation of tax records and preparation of income tax provision periodically
- Following up with the tax authority to collect the Company’s WHT credit notes
- Attending to vendor/customer tax related issues
- Following up with the tax authorities to obtain evidence of remittance of WHT and issue the WHT credit notes to vendors
- Carrying out research on various tax issues
- Review of financial records and preparation of monthly indirect and employee tax returns
- Review of third party documentations such as invoices and agreements to ascertain the appropriate WHT rates applicable to transactions
- Liaise with the legal team to resolve customer/vendor tax related issues
- Filing of annual employee income tax returns to 32 states across Nigeria
- Filling all returns at the tax authorities and government agencies
- Liaising with vendor to process the Certificate of Addition to Fixed Assets
- Preparing VAT and WHT schedules as input into balance sheet reconciliation.
- A Degree in Accounting with 1-2 years of related experience.
- Excellent analytical skills, motivation and confidence to independently address issues.
- Excellent writing skill
- Speaks English fluently
- Excellent interpersonal and negotiation skills
- Proficient in MS Word, Excel and Outlook
- Must have an ability to interface with other departments within the Company in a manner that will professionally represent the department.
- Graduate Audit Intern Recruitment at ActionAid Nigeria
- Cashier Job at Showmat Construction Limited
- Accountant Job at Breadish Bakery
- Accountant Job at Romax Properties Limited
- Graduate Analyst Job at Olatorera Consultancy
- Accountant Job at AFTRAC Limited
- Accountant Job at Baldon Clothiers
- Account Officer Job at Helena Frey Limited
- Finance Assistant Job at Palladium Group
- Chief Financial Officer Job at Alpha Morgan Capital Managers Limited