Training Intern Recruitment at Search for Common Ground
Search for Common Ground (Search) is an international nonprofit organization that promotes peaceful resolution of conflict. Search’s mission is to transform the way the world deals with conflict, away from adversarial approaches and towards cooperative solutions, and help conflicting parties understand their differences and act on their commonalities. Search has been operational in Nigeria since 2004 in the Niger Delta, North East, and North Central. Search has established a permanent presence in Abuja as an operational base and all our Nigeria offices are currently supporting a host of programs with activities that include capacity building, dialogues, peace architecture, media programming, participatory theatre, and collaborative joint activities
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Position: Training Intern
Job Location: Yola, Adamawa
- Contributing to the mitigation of conflict over natural resources between farmers and herders in Adamawa (COMITAS) YOLA, Nigeria.
About the Project
- The Adamawa state project is an 18-months project aimed at Contributing to the mitigation of conflict over natural resources between farmer and herder communities in Adamawa state in an equitable, inclusive and sustainable manner. COMITAS will cover Demsa, Numan, Lamurde, Girei and Mayo Belwa Local Government Areas (LGAs) of Adamawa State.
- Search’ expertise in community mobilization will be used to mobilize an early response to address the early warning signals.
- To achieve this, Search will formally establish community response networks. These will include religious leaders, women leaders, youth leaders, and School teachers, representatives of the Police, Union representatives, e.g. Nigerian Union of Road and Transport Workers Community response Workers (NURTW), representatives of community-based organizations, and representatives of farmer and herder associations. These structures will be trained extensively to achieve the results in the project locations.
Objective for the Engagement
- We need an intern who will provide support to the project implementation of training for community structures, liaison with the Finance and Admin team and other assigned deliverables on the COMITAS project.
- S/he will work under the direct supervision of the Training Coordinator and in close coordination with the Project team. The position is based in Yola with frequent travel to the field, the roles and responsibilities include;
- Interface directly with training Participants and provide information to and from to the Training Coordinator/ project team
- Supervise data collection activity with the participants during Training across the target locations
- Ensure prompt submission of Data collected during the Training
- Take detailed notes from all training activities
- Prepare training logistics in the absence of the logistic coordinator
- Prepare training materials (making photocopies, distributing training materials, ensuring all materials are ready for all participants, etc.)
- Provide general assistance during the training to support all needs of the training coordinator for the successful functioning of the training.
- Take photographs to document the participation in the training
- Follow up with documentation and processing of payments for Participants
- Provide other necessary support to the team relating to the project
- Support the mobilization of participants for training
- Perform any other task as may be assigned by the supervisor.
- Understands, explains and shares information on assigned tasks with accuracy and clarity
- Demonstrate regular and consistent communication frequency with supervisor and colleagues.
- Minimum of Bachelor’s Degree in Conflict and Peacebuilding Studies, International Relations, Political Sciences or related fields.
- A demonstrated commitment to high professional ethical standards and in a diverse workplace
- Had volunteered with Search or any other INGO and understands Search’s ethics
- Has attended Search’s training in the past (desired but not required)
- Ability to prioritize, plan and organize workflow to tight time frames and handle multiple tasks.
- Has a good understanding of the context in the five Local Government Areas we are working in.
- Analytical skills – ability to analyze data from different perspectives
- Interpersonal, Coordination and communication skills, both written and oral.
- Understands English, Hausa and Fulfulde languages is a plus factor
- Ability to work under stringent deadlines with acute attention to detail.
- Self?starter with the ability to manage time effectively.
- Have a fair working knowledge of IT tools (e.g. Internet, MS Office and Excel).
As job descriptions cannot be exhaustive, the position holder may be required to undertake other duties that are broadly in line with the above key responsibilities.
Interested candidates should send the following:
- Current resume
- Cover Letter (which includes expectations of compensation and projected start date).
- Please compile your cover letter, resume and all supporting documentation into one document as the system only has the functionality to upload two documents per application. Incomplete applications will not be accepted.
- This position is only open to Nigerian nationals.
- Applications will be assessed on a rolling basis and the role may be filled if a suitable candidate is found.
- SKILL-UP & BOOST YOUR CAREER WITH DOVILEARN ONLINE COURSES – 2500 ONLY (80% DISCOUNT APPLIED)
- Intern / Junior Frontend Developer (Frontend Development Internship) Job at Brainnest
- Intern Recruitment at RIVETON DEVELOPMENT LIMITED
- Job Vacancies at Strongmas Automobile Limited
- Egbin Power Plc 2022 Industrial Training Programme (SIWES)
- Finance and Accounting (F & A) Intern / Co-op Recruitment at Procter and Gamble
- Graphic Design Intern (Internship - Designer) Recruitment at Brainnest
- I.T Intern Recruitment at Sun King (Formerly Greenlight Planet)
- Marketing Intern Recruitment at KRADOT group
- Qualified and Experienced Government and Civic Education Teacher Needed urgently at Emovet Group of Schools