Treasury Accountant Job in Lagos at Bourbon Interoil
As an international leader in marine services, BOURBON offers to the most demanding oil & gas clients worldwide a full line of innovative, safe, high performance and new generation vessels and an expanded offer of offshore oil & gas services delivered by 11 000 experienced and competent employees across 45 countries. By joining BOURBON you will be "Under the flag of excellence”.
Job Title: Treasury Accountant (Based in Lagos)
To assess, monitor, plan and manage the efficient utilization of cash and financial services in a manner consistent with the objectives of the Company.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Understand, manage, and supervise all aspects of Bank & Cash Reconciliation for all Locations,
- Prepares monthly GL entries and account reconciliations for petty cash, banks, cash advances and Staff Loans
- Monitor and Evaluate bank service fees on a monthly basis and address quality issues
- Manage all aspects of short-Investment portfolios
- Assist in the management of Banking relationship
- Daily Cash status for management
- Assess risk/return tradeoffs in guidelines.
- Understand and manage appropriate accounting procedures and processes.
- Recommend, implement and maintain process improvements.
- Manage disbursement of Petty Cash Expenses for Lagos Office
- Perform other related duties as assigned for the purpose of ensuring the efficient and effective functioning of the work unit, including special projects.
- Maintains reports, records, and files for all treasury activities.
Line reporting and functional linkage
- Report to the Head of General Accounting with a functional relationship with internal Finance sub team/departments.
Key skills & Behavior
- Knowledge of investment portfolio strategy, banking, and financial instruments.
- General knowledge of GAAP and IFRS reporting requirements
- Advanced analytical, organization, and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent collaboration, verbal and written communication skills.
- Able to break down problems into meaningful parts and come to rational and well-thought out conclusions.
- Demonstrated strong project management skills.
- Attention to detail and accuracy.
- Interested in process improvement.
- Willing to adapt quickly to quick changes in direction.
- Ability to pick up tasks quickly with on-the-job training experience preferred.
- Previous experience in purchasing FX currency on the spot market, understanding of foreign currency markets and pricing.
- Familiarity with basic finance and accounting, including GL accounting systems, allocation methodology, purchase orders, and budgeting.
- Ability to handle diverse tasks and changing priorities.
- Ability to work independently and identify and execute improvements in the treasury area. Previous project experience with payment automation is a plus.
- Maintain a neat work area, professional appearance and personal conduct at all times.
- Must have at least 5 years prior treasury and cash management experience; management experience preferred
- Extensive experience in preparing cash and bank reconciliation.
- Experience in building complex financial models to evaluate various financial plans.
Fluent in English, Ability to communicate in French Language will be considered an asset.
- Advanced spreadsheet and modeling skills.
- Good Knowledge ERP. Oracle ERP will be an added advantage.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting/Finance from a reputable university.
- ACA/ACCA Certification is strongly preferred.
- Ongoing Recruitment in an Oil and Gas Exploration and Production Company
- Ongoing Recruitment at International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies (IFRC)
- Key Account Supervisor Job at Carlcare Development
- Enterprise Account Manager Job at Schneider Electric Nigeria
- Accountant Job at a reputable company
- Accounts Clerk Job at Riverside Schools
- Account Personnel Job at Larsamies Global Service Nigeria Limited
- Key Account Executive Job at Proten International
- Accounting Officer Job at Invent Alliance Limited
- Chief Financial Officer Job at CeedCap