Warehouse Officer Job at Action Against Hunger
Action Against Hunger works to save lives by combating hunger and diseases that threaten the lives of vulnerable communities, through nutrition, food security, water and sanitation, health and advocacy.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Position: Warehouse Officer
Job Location: Damaturu, Yobe State
Starting date: July 2019
Direct Line Manager: Logistics Manager
- Warehouse Management
Tasks & Responsibilities:
- Identify the items entering and leaving and check the quality, quantity and documentation;
- Report any problems with quality, quantity or documentation immediately;
- Update the SFU on a daily basis, submit weekly to all concern department;
- Ensure that the stocks forms bin cards, stock cards etc. are kept up to date;
- Restrict entry into storage facilities and keep keys for the storage facilities.
Implement guidelines and rules and regulations management guidelines and standards
- Ensure that AAH Kitlogv3 storage procedures are respected;
- Ensure internal guidelines, rules and regulations are known by his team and respected;
- Ensure that storage standards are known by his team and respected. For instance, make sure that all requirement for food storage are fulfilled.
- Monitor Stock Utilization
Tasks & Responsibilities:
- Observe the minimum stock balances to anticipate any shortage in rolling stock and report it to the Logistics Manager;
- Review monthly the minimum stock balance according to consumption;
- Pay particular attention to use-by dates of food and medicine (if any), ensuring proper stock rotation;
- Advise Logistics Officer Assistant and /or concern programme department whenever expiry dates are approaching (within 2 months);
- Carry out monthly physical inventory of all items in stock and submit SFU to the Logistics Manager
- Identify stock that is not being utilized and report to Logistics Manager;
- Ensure that programmes stock is released from the warehouse before the end date of the grant it was purchased on.
- Supervise the storage conditions including pharmacy warehouse (if needed)
Tasks & Responsibilities:
- Check weekly that the store is clean, organized and is regularly ventilated
- Check the quality of the food items and drugs to be stocked (if needed).
- Make sure that the stock is arranged in such a way that it’s easy to count and aisles are accessible Check daily and record the temperature and humidity of the store. More especially, make sure the approved layout is implemented when available
- Supervise the management of infected products. For instance, make sure that there are separated and documented.
- Separate foodstuffs from other stock and pay special attention to dangerous goods
- Ensure storage facilities are free from rats, rodents and any other pests which may damage stock and periodically plan for fumigation of storage facilities
- Plan for disposal of expired/ infected products in collaboration with the Supply Chain Manager and the owner of the stock
- Manage shipments and Cargo
Tasks & responsibilities:
- Receive and issue out the various dispatch documents ie SROs, DN Waybills as per kitlog procedures;
- Ensure the owner personally conduct a physical review any stock they have requested and sign the necessary documentation;
- Directly supervise the process of loading and unloading, including casual worker request, attendance sheets and ensuring timely payment is made.
Team management and communication:
- Supervise warehouse assistants day to day work;
- Provide support whenever needed in sub bases;
- Handle the comprehensive work of any of his team member whenever there is a gap (leave, vacancy);
- Keep a good information flow with the procurement team (in the base and Abuja) to either update on the deliveries or anticipate on the upcoming deliveries;
- Report to Supply Chain manager any challenge.
Internal & External Relationship
- Coordinate and maintain relationship with other departments and program teams;
- Close relation with procurement team.
- Interact with suppliers, and casual service providers.
- Generation and transmitting of weekly and monthly stock follow up (SFU).
- Graduate in management or any other related stream with professional experience in stock management.
- At least 1 year proven experience in stock and warehouse management
- Sound knowledge of general storage procedures
- Knowledge of computer packages excel and word
- Highly organized
- Good communication skills in both written and oral English and excellent in Hausa or Kanuri language
- Inhabitant of NE Nigeria region
Minimum Basic Salary
N211,441 NGN Per Month
- MTN Global Graduate Development Programme 2020
- Graduate Trainee / Audit Trainee Recruitment at MBO Audit & Consult
- Graduate Finance Associate Recruitment at Management Sciences for Health (MSH)
- Marketing and Supply Chain Intern Recruitment at Bosch Africa
- Agro-Park Graduate Trainee Program (GTP) 2020
- Graduate Energy Sales Representative Recruitment at Ikeja Electricity Distribution Company Plc
- Retail Store Manager Job at Owens and Xley Consults
- NYSC Corps Member (Front Desk) Recruitment at Strugz
- Warehouse Supervisor Job at Rovedana
- PWC Nigeria Graduate Recruitment 2020 - Assurance & Tax Regulatory Services