LEAP Africa, one of Nigeria’s leading non-profit organizations focused on leadership development in Nigeria for youth, entrepreneurs and corporate organizations with training programmes and activities across the region is hiring. Our mission is: To inspire, empower and equip a new cadre of African leaders by providing the skills and tools for personal, organizational and community transformation.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Position: YouthLEAP Manager
Job Location: Lagos
Reports to: Executive Director
Leadership, Effectiveness, Accountability, and Professionalism (LEAP) Africa, established in 2002, is a nonprofit committed to developing dynamic innovative and principled African leaders. We recognize that raising leaders is critical to nation building and wealth creation. Over the years, LEAP has inspired and equipped youth, business owners and social entrepreneurs to lead ethically while implementing initiatives that transform their communities and organizations for better; sustaining livelihood and contributing to national development. LEAP achieves this through its training programmes, publications, and most recently eLearning.
YouthLEAP is one of the three programme departments of LEAP Africa and offers innovative leadership and work readiness programmes for youth with the primary aim of equipping them to live productively, lead ethically and motivating them to deliver positive change in their communities by either executing community development projects or building sustainable social enterprises.
- Are you looking to join a young, vibrant and creative team? If you are result-oriented with strong work ethics and can commit to leaving out all of LEAP’s values, then you are steps away from joining the right organisation.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Report to and work closely with the Executive Director of LEAP and its Board of Directors. ? Formulate and implement a YouthLEAP strategy that aligns with the organizations’s strategy including the marketing and financial strategy.
- Manage the skill and talent development of all staff in the YouthLEAP department on current international best practices.
- Develop and drive programme quality control and assurance systems.
- Lead, manage and coach a high-performing team.
- Manage the entity’s budget, drive sales and manage costs; ensuring transparency, accountability and efficiency in the use of the initiative’s resources.
- Ensure all project reports are high-quality and clearly demonstrate impact, as well when necessary presented in ways that are appropriate for non-technical audiences.
- Oversee the day to day operations of YouthLEAP.
Programme Design and Management:
- Lead the design, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of youth-focused programming across Africa
- Support the development and implementation of the annual SIPA Forums and other YouthLEAP’s programmes, project, and activities
- Manage the YouthLEAP brand, actively promoting its programmes, services and impact through different media
- Champion the design of activities that impact large numbers of youth beyond core programmes of the department
Fundraising and Development:
- Establish new strategic relationships with potential YouthLEAP funders and partners, and manage existing relationships
- Write and supervise the writing of effective concept notes and proposals, and prepare regular reports on impact of YouthLEAP for all funders and supporters
- Champion excellent and timely longterm stakeholder engagement
- Ensure the development of appropriate stakeholder management strategies throughout the lifecycle of programmes
- Lead the periodic design and update of YouthLEAP curricula
- Conduct research and develop original material for YouthLEAP books and publications
- Contribute to the generation of white papers and high-impact activities based on research.
- Facilitate curriculum delivery to participants in LEAP Africa’s programmes to support the development of dynamic, innovative and principled African leaders
Technical, Qualifications and Experience
- A First Degree in any relevant course.
- An advanced degree may be an advantage.
- 4-5 years with at least 18 months in a supervisory/managerial role in the development sector
Key Competencies Required:
- Track record in curriculum development and instructional design
- Strong ability in the use of Microsoft packages
- Strong communication, interpersonal and time management skills
- Strong work ethic, a self-starter
- Leadership and Management Skills Supervisory skills
- Proven entrepreneurial ability and capacity to work with significant autonomy
- A high level of integrity and preparedness to keep stakeholders engaged
- Project Management Skills
- Business Development and Marketing Skills
- Facilitation and Presentation skills
- Passion for youth development, education, training and Nigeria’s development
- Strong financial discipline
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Cover letter and CV's to email
- General Manager at African Clinical Research Limited(ACR)
- Group General Manager
- Vice President of Engineering at Andela
- Head, Trading Business at PricewaterhouseCooper
- Performance Management Officer
- Country Director at CARE Nigeria
- Country Director at Equal Access International (EAI)
- Senior Business Manager / General Manager at GV Alliance Partners
- Head of Station/Chief Operating Officer
- Program Manager at Reboot