Anchor/Cohost jobs in a media and entertainment Industry
Teclab Management Services Limited - Our Client, a leader in the media and entertainment Industry with branches all over the country, seeks to employ the services of:
Job Title: Anchor/Cohost
Locations: Lagos, PH, Abuja, Yenegoa, Ibadan, Warri, Enugu, Uyo, Calabar, Kaduna, Owerri, Makurdi, Ekiti and Yola
Reports to: News Room Editor
The successful candidate’s specific functions include:
- Stay atop daily local and national news via multiple sources.
- Select and rewrite stories for air.
- Conduct on-line research.
- Word processing,
- Digital audio editing and operation of audio equipment and light office equipment.
- Attend press conferences so they can present up-to-date and accurate information to listeners.
- Coordinate with producers to develop program material while taking into consideration the type of show being created and requests from the audience.
- Edit all scripts for accuracy, timeliness and proper usage.
- Arrange newscasts, billboards and other on-air content.
- Present content live on-air in an authoritative and conversational manner that connects with local listeners.
- Operate a board, computers, recording machines, and other equipment as necessary.
- May provide breaking news coverage during air shift.
- Has role in helping manage news publication on website. Helps edit spot and feature copy of reporters.
- A bachelor's degree in Mass Communication or other related fields.
- Relevant 3 to 5years experience in a similar role
- May be required to write and deliver sports, news and weather reports.
- They are also responsible for presenting and interviewing special guests as well as acting as moderators for discussions.
- Must be creative
- Must have excellent memory for details, be able to meet frequent absolute deadlines under stressful conditions, and deal effectively with multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to gather data, compile information, and prepare reports.
- Have excellent presentation and performance skills
- Be able to generate original ideas, and to think creatively about how to communicate them to audiences
- Understand when it is necessary, and how to acquire, the relevant clearances and licenses, including copyright and music clearances
- Understand the requirements of the relevant health and safety legislation and procedures
- Have strong IT skills, including word processing and data handling - and, ideally, audio editing and image manipulation software
- Have knowledge of the radio market, different station and programme styles, and audience demographics.
- Understand how to use the voice effectively for radio
- Be able to learn how to use a variety of recording equipment and to operate different radio studios
- Be able to present while operating studio controls and co-coordinating a range of simultaneous technical activities
- Be able to communicate knowledgeably and engagingly with audiences
- Have excellent communication skills and be able to draw information from people
- Be able to work calmly effectively under pressure, react quickly, and meet tight deadlines
- Have knowledge of the law, ethics and industry regulations around radio production
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Resumes and credentials to:
Note: Applications should have very specific Subjects: E.g. Anchor/Co-host - Yenegoa
Application Deadline 6th November, 2015.
- Media Relations Officer/Reporter
- Marketing Executive
- Social Media Manager at Jumia Nigeria
- Corporate Communications Manager
- Communication Officer at Centre for Democracy and Development
- Digital Marketer
- Brand Ambassador at Pruvia Integrated Limited
- Marketing/Advertising Officer
- Marketing Manager