HR Coordinator Job at Solidarités International
Solidarités International (SI) is a French humanitarian organisation operating for over 35 years who is committed to providing aid in the event of conflict and natural disasters. Our mission is to provide aid as quickly and as efficiently as possible to endangered populations by meeting their vital needs: water, food and shelter.
SI has started activities in North-eastern Nigeria in August 2016 in the fields of Wash and is now intervening in 4 areas of the state for Wash and Shelter activities
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Position: HR Coordinator
Job Locations: Abuja/Maiduguri
Desired start date: 1/11/2017
Duration of the mission: 6 months
Organization of the mission
- Technical support is provided by advisors based in Maiduguri with 70% of presence on the field.
- The mission has a coordination team based in Maiduguri, operational bases in Maiduguri, Monguno, Dikwa and soon in Ngala. The program coordination team is constituted of a Deputy Country Director, WASH and Shelter advisors, a MEAL advisor and a Grant manager.
- The Nigeria mission is currently stabilizing its opening process. Due to projects’ expansion, a substantial increase in base staffing is ongoing.
- The programs are currently dominated by WASH activities. Shelter activities are only concentrated around shelter kits distribution. However, SI has the willing to develop shelter and FSL activities in the future which could be under the responsibility of the Program Manager.
About the Job
- As HR Coordinator he/she is responsible to support the Country Director for the Expatriates administrative issues (breaks, visa, Travel Authorization).
- He/she is the mission point of contact and the link between headquarters and the mission for any questions relating to National Human Resources.
- The HR coordinator coordinates the implementation of Solidarités International National Human Resources policy.
- As HR Coordinator he/she is responsible for the national HR aspects of the mission and ensures the respect by all of, Solidarités International procedures, the procedures of financial backers and the laws of the country in which SI is intervening.
- Bachelor (or Master's) Degree in Publication Administration or Human Resources Management.
Technical skills and knowledge:
- Knowledge in Administrative management;
- Knowledge in developing HR policies and orientations;
- Knowledge of DFID / ECHO / OFDA-USAID, UN agencies & other donors assistance policies;
- Knowledge of Solidarités International rules and procedures in terms of all administrative matters.
- 2 years proven experience in a similar position required, with at least 1 year in South East Asia recommended;
- Proven experience in team management, team structuring;
- Proven experience in training & capacity building;
- Previous experience with SI would be an asset.
- Prioritization and self-organization;
- Ability to multitask and delegation;
- Excellent knowledge of Excel and good knowledge of other Office suite.
- HR software: Homere preferred and recommended;
- Full working proficiency in English (read, spoken & written)
Other desirable qualities:
- Good analytical and reporting skills;
- Ability to work in multi-cultural environment;
- Ability to work under pressure;
- Excellent interpersonal & communication skills
SI will Offer You
A salaried post:
- according to experience from 2200 euros gross per month, (salary base 2000 plus 10% annual leave allowance paid monthly) and a monthly Per Diem.
- accompanied with 500 usd monthly per diem.
- Social and medical cover: Expatriates benefit from an insurance package which reimburses all healthcare expenses (including medical and surgical expenses, dental care and ophthalmological expenses, repatriation) and a welfare system including war risks. Essential vaccination and antimalarial treatment costs are refunded.
- During the assignment, the expatriate is entitled to R&R every three months: five days at three months with a 750 usd allowance and 10 days at six months with a plane ticket back home covered by Solidarités.
- After 6 weeks one the field, expatriate will be encouraged to take 1 week in Abuja (3 days off and 2 days in office).
- Human Resource Manager
- Human Resources Manager
- Learning and Development Executive
- Talent Acquisition Associate
- Human Resource Assitant
- Nationwide Sales & Marketing Executives Openings
- Business developer
- Head, HR & Admin-Abuja
- British Government Recruitment for a Graduate Chevening Scholarships Officer
- Senior HR Administration Assistant, CHHR2