Agronomist Job at Attuh Farms Nigeria Limited
Attuh Farms Nigeria Limited is an indigenous agricultural company devoted to using organic farm practices to provide premium quality produce and services.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Position: Agronomist
Job Location: Delta
- To experiment and plan studies to improve crop yields and production in order to discern the best way to plant, harvest and cultivate the plant regardless of the climate.
- And also to develop methods to control weeds and pests to keep crops diseases free.
- Develop the best ways to plant, harvest and cultivate the plants, regardless of the climate.
- Experiments and plan studies to improve crop yields.
- Develop methods to control weeds and pests to keep crops disease free.
- Work scientifically to produce the finest crops, on the most consistent basis and in any situation.
- Schedule crop rotation program and Hybrid/varietal selection
- Prepare detailed computerized reports and permanent record keeping on crop growth, yield, fertilizer app and other agronomical practices.
- Soil moisture status monitoring (using water scout, tensiometers).
- Regular field, Nursery and Greenhouse checks.
- Provide timely agronomic information to the field sales to support the sales effort
- Develop innovative research-based techniques in agronomist functions and programs.
- Create strategies in strengthening crop production, budgeting, planning and management.
- Study, assess and evaluate soil chemistry and soil testing check for EC and Ph values, microbes, soil constituents and the nutrients level.
- Analyze soil to determine type and quantity of fertilizer required for maximum production.
- Weather forecasting.
- Equipment Calibration
- Irrigation and chemical fertilizer scheduling (Irrigation and fertigation).
- Initiate newer techniques in soil management processes.
- Study and evaluate plants, their biological aspects and their growth behavior.
- Conduct research on latest trends in crop and soil management.
- Develop ways to make crops more pest-resistant.
- Develop and implement quality initiatives in agronomist programs.
- Attending to other responsibilities as required.
- B.Sc in Agronomy or any other related field.
- Proven 3 years working experience as an Agronomist.
- Thorough knowledge of Organic Farming and Scientific principles and procedures.
- Strong attention to detail and confidentiality.
- Structured & analytical.
- Good Time management skills.
- Good Interpersonal relationship skills.
- Good communicator.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications and CV to: email@example.com using the Job Title as the subject of the email.
- Latest Job Vacancies in a Big Farm in Ogun State
- Ongoing Recruitment at Federal Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development (FMARD)
- Public Relations Officer Job at Torrian Prestige Interiors
- Fish Farm Supervisor Job at Swift Consulting
- Crop Farm Supervisor Job at Swift Consulting
- Farm Attendant Job at Swift Consulting
- Marketing and Promotions Specialist at Americare Medical Africa
- Social Media Manager Job at MallforAfrica
- Farm Manager Job at Hoab Farms
- Social Media and Communications Assistant